- Sitting on top of your performance air filter, the Hydro Shield blocks water and microscopic particles from getting into your engine
- Drive confidently through light showers, deluges or even sand storms
- While repelling water, the Hydro Shield still allows wide-open airflow, letting your performance air filter deliver huge horsepower and torque gains
- The Hydro Shield's embedded hydrophobic treatment creates uniform micron-sized pores that filter out water and debris as small as .005"
- Expertly crafted from highly durable, racetrack proven polyester
- Your Hydro Shield was engineered to work best with cold air intakes that position the air filter outside of the engine compartment
- Available in three hotrod colors: Red, Blue and Black
- Made in the USA
- Injen covers your Hydro Shield with a Lifetime Warranty
Nothing cools an engine's jets like water from your air intake. Whether you're driving through a slight drizzle or a typhoon, your motor is in real danger of drowning. Injen's Hydro Shield, however, stops water from sinking your vehicle. Riding right on top of your performance air filter, this durable polyester cover repels water while still allowing a free-flow of oxygen.
The secret behind the Hydro Shield's amazing success stems from its water repellent outer coating. It's crafted using a sophisticated embedded hydrophobic process, which creates uniform rows of micron-sized pores. These openings filter out water and debris .005" or larger!
You don't have to worry about choking your engine, though. The Hydro Shield purifies the oxygen while still allowing steady airflow-and consistent airflow means rip-roaring horsepower and massive torque. Plus, the Hydro Shield comes in three stylish colors: Red, Blue and Black. Covered by a Lifetime Warranty.
- For a proper fit onto non-Injen Air Filters, check the following measurements of your current filter:
Base: The diameter at the bottom.
Top: The diameter at the top.
Tall: The height from base to top.
Injen Hydro Shield Customer Reviews
271 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Marcus L (PEYTON, CO) Reviewed for a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer — Tuesday at 7:41 PM
it will help repel little amounts of water but won't be much use if it's pouring
Reviewed by Cheyenne K (SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL) — Sep 02, 2015 1:13 PM
Seems to work well. Imagine a sock covering your intake and repelling drops of water. Do not submerge your intake filter in water.
Reviewed by Yevgeniy S (Philadelphia, PA) Reviewed for a 2006 Mazda 3 — Sep 01, 2015 6:54 AM
Water would always get into my intake and throw a cel and one time, would mess with the maf. Have not had that problem ever since. Would difinetly recommend this.
Reviewed by parker s (Dalzell, SC) Reviewed for a 2000 Ford Mustang — Aug 27, 2015 3:13 PM
I was in need of something to protect my air filter from getting soaked. My intercooler setup places the filter at the bottom of fender behind the fog light, exposed. This adds a nice, low cost barrier from moisture and is super easy to install. Gives me a warm fuzzy if i get caught in unexpected showers to and from the track.
Reviewed by Richard R (Wheeling, IL) Reviewed for a 2011 Mazda 6 — Aug 24, 2015 8:34 PM
Looks great. Overpriced and probably not necessary. Once I Have the CA I installed it will be a judgment call to put the Hydro Shield on the CAO.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships Between 10/06 - 10/08