- Keep your engine breathing freely even when your intake is submerged in water with AEM's Air Bypass Valve
- Exclusively designed to work with your AEM Cold Air Intake System - V1 systems only, does not work with the V2
- When your intake's main filter becomes submerged, your Air Bypass Valve automatically takes over, shutting off induction from the wet filter and drawing air in through its external diaphragm
- The Air Bypass Valve's foam filter shields against dust, rocks and other harmful material
- For maximum durability, the Air Bypass Valve features a sonically welded, nylon-reinforced cage
- Nasty chemicals and the elements are no match for the Air Bypass Valve's urethane flapper valves
- 50 state street legal when used with your AEM Cold Air Intake Kit
- On the majority of AEM Cold Air Intake Kits, the Air Bypass Valve installs right to the upper inlet pipe
- Comes with the proper hose clamps for a painless mount
- Download installation instructions (PDF)
- AEM backs your Air Bypass Valve with a 1-year warranty
Your engine needs oxygen to keep the fire burning in its belly. While your AEM Cold Air Intake reaches down below the bumper to draw in the freshest air, it's at risk for sucking in something deadly to performance: water. Equip your aftermarket intake with an Air Bypass Valve for a surefire defense against hydro-lock.
When your intake becomes submerged, your Air Bypass Valve immediately springs into action. It closes off induction from your main filter and reroutes the air flow through its external diaphragm. Plus, the integrated foam filter traps dust and blocks debris from getting into your powerplant.
Built tough to withstand life inside your engine compartment, your Air Bypass Valve boasts a sonically welded, nylon reinforced cage. And, its urethane flapper valves are nearly impervious to the elements and harsh chemicals.
All Air Bypass Valves are 50 state street legal, and most mount easily to the upper inlet pipe. Backed by a 1-year warranty.
- The AEM Air Bypass Valve is not compatible with the AEM V2 Cold Air Intake
Thanks to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: US Code – Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312, your vehicle’s factory warranty is protected by law when you add aftermarket parts. Details
AEM Air Bypass Valve Customer Reviews
34 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Raul R (Orlando, FL) Reviewed for a 2007 Toyota Yaris — Mar 26, 2015 8:10 PM
My toyota had a trd cold air intake that had this same valve and it needed replacing so it works amazing easy to install and looks great nice and new.
Reviewed by Jose R (EMPORIA, KS) Reviewed for a 2003 Infiniti G35 — Sep 12, 2012 9:39 AM
Overall a good product which is very helpful. I believe its a lil pricy for the size but worth the buy. I recommend for everyone that has a cold air intake.
Reviewed by Elijah R (Eugene, OR) — Apr 17, 2012 11:40 PM
I am very Impressed with the speed in which i got my valve and while You can find cheaper you cant find better! Installed on 2.0L DOHC ZeTec. Item was received as described. "A+"
AEM Air Bypass Valve
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships By 5/06