How to Install an Airaid Cold Air Intake on a Chevy Silverado
This video depicts an Airaid Cold Air Intake being installed on a Chevy Silverado. Although this video is representative of most vehicles, the installation process may vary slightly for your particular vehicle.
- Remove the engine cover, air intake tube and air box.
- Take out the factory, mass air flow sensor.
- Pre-assemble the heat shield by putting the two halves together.
- Remove the case holding the factory air box so you can put the heat shield in its place. Put the bolts back in to hold the intake in place.
- Slide the air filter in, over the fender well and into its holder. Tighten the screws.
- Install the Airaid edge molding above the intake system to keep the metal and the hood from vibrating against each other.
- Congratulations, your new intake is installed.
- Comfortable with opening the hood, moving seats, etc.
- Familiarity with upgrade location and removing any existing covers or casings
- Comprehensive knowledge of the parts you’re upgrading
Common Tools Needed
- Basic hand tools