- The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap is custom-designed for a form-fit onto your truck's exact year, make and model
- Your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap wraps over the top of your factory tailgate cap to protect against scrapes, dings and dents caused by shifting cargo
- Crafted from heavy-duty diamond-treaded aluminum
- The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap features a 3M adhesive mount (screws also included if needed)—serving up a shift-free fit with only minimal drilling
- Team up your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap with Dee Zee's matching Diamond-Tread Side Bed Caps for total protection
- Dee Zee covers your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap with a limited lifetime warranty
Even normal, everyday use of your tailgate can lead to nicks, dents and scrapes. Besides being unsightly, this damage to your paintjob can lead to a nasty case of rust, and one large invoice from the body shop. Protect your truck bed (and wallet) with Dee Zee's Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap.
The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap's strength, durability and steely good looks stem from the metal it's made from-heavy-gauge slabs of diamond-treaded aluminum.
The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap is custom-designed for a perfect fit onto your rig. Plus, you get to choose between two rugged finishes: the Polished BriteGuard or sleek Black-Tread.
Your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap installs securely using 3M adhesive (screws also included if needed). What's more, your Dee Zee Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- For the most secure mount possible, some light drilling is required to install your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap.
- The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap only covers the top rail section of your tailgate. The matching side bed rail caps and front bed cap in the image are available in our Bed Caps and Bed Rails section.
Dee Zee Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap Customer Reviews
137 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Cal L (LIVONIA, NY) Reviewed for a 2016 Chevy Silverado — Apr 27, 2016 5:44 AM
1st of all it does not come down the back edge of tailgate which the picture shows.. 2nd the adhesive strip is useless I cleaned the plastic on the tailgate with several alcohol pads and it stuck for a while but then lifted. I ended up screwing it down and painting the screws black. it does look good but doesn't protect the outside top edge of the tailgate. but its there to stay now.
Reviewed by Eric S (MAUREPAS, LA) Reviewed for a 2003 Chevy Silverado — Mar 28, 2016 7:43 AM
Looks good, kind of a pain to get the tape to stick to my bed, I have one area it didn't stick to the plastic?
Ships Between 5/06 - 5/10
- What Do You Drive?