- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- The Putco Tailgate Cap is custom-made to fit your specific year, make and model tailgate
- The highly-polished stainless steel tailgate cap is crafted from rust-free alloys for easy care
- The Putco Tailgate Cap saves your truck's gate from costly scratches, gouges and dings
- Installation takes just minutes with self-tapping screws
- Constructed from Putco's own NeveRust stainless steel for a lasting shine and maximum corrosion resistance
- Pair the Putco Tailgate Cap with Putco Bed Caps of the same design for complete truck bed coverage
- Your Putco Tailgate Cap is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Give your tailgate top a clean look that keeps your paint fresh and scratch-free. The Putco Tailgate Cap is custom-made to fit over your gate, stopping everyday gouges and dings from ruining the look of your truck.
Beyond protection, the Putco Tailgate Cap outfits your truck with limited edition looks. The smooth stainless steel is polished to a mirror-like finish rivaling the brilliance of chrome.
Installing the Putco Tailgate Cap takes only a few minutes, with no need for dangerous cutting. Minor drilling or bolting may be required. Just mount the Tailgate Cap with the self-tapping screws and you're done.
Whether paired with matching Putco Bed Caps or installed alone, this tailgate guard provides great looks and value-saving paint preservation. Your Putco Tailgate Guard boasts a Lifetime Warranty.
- For newer model Chevrolet/GMC trucks with the large GM Boss tailgate cap, the Putco Tailgate Cap reaches lower to cover the bolt holes left in your tailgate after removing the Boss cap.
- The Putco Tailgate Cap covers only the top rail section of your tailgate. The pictured matching bed rail caps are Putco Skins Bed Caps, available in our Bed Caps and Bed Rails section.
Putco Tailgate Cap Customer Reviews
34 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Lauren O (westminster, CA) Reviewed for a 2008 Ford F-150 — Feb 03, 2015 12:58 AM
This tailgate cap fit my truck perfectly and took no more than 10 minutes to install. It has a great finish just a bit darker than i was expecting but overall it seems to be great quality.
Reviewed by Wendy S (Glenpool, OK) Reviewed for a 2011 Chevy Silverado — Sep 24, 2013 7:22 AM
It is not long enough on the outside edge. Takes about an hour of working on it to get it to fit right. Needs improvement.
Reviewed by Jason C (Macomb, IL) Reviewed for a 2005 Ford F-150 — Aug 21, 2013 7:12 PM
Need some time to see how the finish holds up, but so far the thing seems great. Much more durable and better looking than the factory plastic cap.