- The Putco Tailgate Cap is custom-made to fit your specific year, make and model tailgate
- The highly-polished stainless steel tailgate cap is crafted from rust-free alloys for easy care
- The Putco Tailgate Cap saves your truck's gate from costly scratches, gouges and dings
- Installation takes just minutes with self-tapping screws
- Constructed from Putco's own NeveRust stainless steel for a lasting shine and maximum corrosion resistance
- Pair the Putco Tailgate Cap with Putco Bed Caps of the same design for complete truck bed coverage
- Your Putco Tailgate Cap is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Give your tailgate top a clean look that keeps your paint fresh and scratch-free. The Putco Tailgate Cap is custom-made to fit over your gate, stopping everyday gouges and dings from ruining the look of your truck.
Beyond protection, the Putco Tailgate Cap outfits your truck with limited edition looks. The smooth stainless steel is polished to a mirror-like finish rivaling the brilliance of chrome.
Installing the Putco Tailgate Cap takes only a few minutes, with no need for dangerous cutting. Minor drilling or bolting may be required. Just mount the Tailgate Cap with the self-tapping screws and you're done.
Whether paired with matching Putco Bed Caps or installed alone, this tailgate guard provides great looks and value-saving paint preservation. Your Putco Tailgate Guard boasts a Lifetime Warranty.
- For newer model Chevrolet/GMC trucks with the large GM Boss tailgate cap, the Putco Tailgate Cap reaches lower to cover the bolt holes left in your tailgate after removing the Boss cap.
- The Putco Tailgate Cap covers only the top rail section of your tailgate. The pictured matching bed rail caps are Putco Skins Bed Caps, available in our Bed Caps and Bed Rails section.
Putco Tailgate Cap Customer Reviews
39 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Calvin S (Kaneohe, HI) Reviewed for a 1990 Chevy C/K 3500 — Oct 12, 2017 12:38 PM
Thank you Auto Anything, the Putco Tailgate Cap fit perfect and was very easy to install on my 1990 chevy. dully/3500
Reviewed by alan r (scottsdale, AZ) Reviewed for a 2000 Toyota Tundra — Jul 20, 2017 8:30 PM
Very good fit but did not use the double back tape. Used screws instead. Nice product.
Reviewed by JAMES H (Columbia, TN) Reviewed for a 2005 Ford F-250 — May 13, 2017 7:30 AM
Looks great. Fits good. High quality. Short time to install. Before you buy, wait for promotion to reduce price.
Reviewed by Nicholas W (Fridley, MN) Reviewed for a 1998 GMC C/K 1500 — Dec 17, 2015 8:30 AM
The fit is spot on and the finish looks great. Covered up a couple scratches and dents just like I wanted as well. I would recommend to anyone.
Reviewed by Michael H (Sunrise, FL) Reviewed for a 2006 Ford F-150 — Oct 16, 2015 5:32 AM
The original plastic tailgate cap was looking bad from ten years of use and sun in Florida. The new Putco cap looks great and installed in half hour. We will see how long it lasts?
Ships Between 10/23 - 10/25
- What Do You Drive?