- Rig your BMX, women’s or non-standard bike with the Thule 982 Frame Adapter
- This innovative bar allows your specialized cycles onto rear-mount bike racks
- Fits between your handle bars and saddle post
- Soft rubber fittings are safe on your finish
- Simple push-button closure—no need to remove your seat
- Your telescoping Thule 982 Frame Adapter adjusts to fit almost any bike
- Lifetime Warranty
Rear-mount bike racks give you a convenient spot for hauling your bicycles around. You don't have to get your hands greasy popping off your wheels, and you don't have to kill your back hoisting your 2-wheeler onto your roof. But, if your bike doesn't have a standard frame, it won't fit onto most rear mounts-unless you equip it with a Thule 982 Frame Adapter! This lightweight bar creates the standard cross arm that's missing on women's, BMX and specialty frames.
Whether your frame is compact or gigantic, the Thule 982 Frame Adapter adjusts to fit just about any bike. The cushioned rubber ends fit around your handlebars and seat post, securing solidly with easy-to-use push buttons. Your Thule 982 Frame Adapter slips on and off in a snap, and ensures a rock-solid fit for safe transport. And, Thule backs this ingenious Frame Adapter with a Lifetime Warranty.
Thule 982 Frame Adapter Customer Reviews
11 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Alan W (Little Rock, AR) Reviewed for a 2005 Ford Escape — Nov 13, 2014 7:24 AM
Bought this to carry my wife's woman's style bike on a rear mount bike carrier on the back of a small SUV. It looks fine, not that you buy it for appearance, very quick & easy to install & remove. The latches on the opening ends seem stout & good quality. I hate to rate anything 5 stars on quality until I've seen how it holds up over time & use. I wish it had more locking hole adjustments for the sliding extendable main bar. It only has one locking position that is too far out-you can't extend the tube far enough to lock on my wife's bike. That allows the tube & the bike to slide a little L to R unless you bungie it down with a few bungies. It seems a little pricey for what it is, but I think that about most things. It is stout, I don't worry about it failing & dropping the bike.
Reviewed by Robert B (CONGERS, NY) — Jul 31, 2013 8:45 PM
Does the job it is intended for. Not so easy to install on a child's bike. Don't know if everyone would have the strength to open the loops.
Thule 982 Frame Adapter
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 1/30 - 2/03
There are no customer reviews for this product
- thule hitch mounted bike racks
- thule roadway bike rack
- thule 963 spare me
- passive lock strap
- floor mats for volvo
- jeep bike rack
- spare tire bike rack for jeep
- toyota rav4 bike rack roof
- 2011 jeep grand cherokee seat covers
- bike racks for toyota highlander
- car roof rack
- car wind deflectors
- pickup box covers