- Click here for Installation Instructions
- Plant your plus-sized pedal pusher on your roof with ease using the RockyMounts Tandem R4 Roof Bike Rack
- Engineered to simplify the loading and secure the carrying of your bicycle-built-for-two
- Equipped with a swiveling headset—swing it out to lock the forks in place before hoisting the rest of your bike up
- Rear wheel strap snugs down to keep your cycle from bouncing around
- Telescoping base shrinks up to carry standard bikes
- Finished with an anti-corrosive coating
- Mounts right to round Yakima or square Thule crossbars
- Your RockyMounts Tandem R4 Roof Bike Rack is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty
With a regular road or mountain bike, you could pop off the wheels and stuff it into your trunk or back seat if you were in a pinch. With a tandem bike, though, that's really only possible if you drive around town in a Sprinter, a hearse or a Kenworth. If you have a sedan, wagon or SUV, you need the help of the RockyMounts Tandem R4 Roof Bike Rack.
Expertly engineered for bicycles-built-for-two, the RockyMounts Tandem Bike Rack makes traveling with your oversized cycle a cinch. Its headset swivels to the side, letting you lock the forks in place first before lifting the rest up into the cradle. Then, the rear-wheel tie-down strap secures your two-seater in place, protecting it from bumping about while you drive. When you're riding solo, the Tandem R4 even shrinks up to the right size for traditional bikes.
You don't need any special equipment to install your RockyMounts Tandem Mount R4 Bike Rack to your ride. It clamps down onto either round Yakima or square Thule crossbars. Plus, its non-corrosive finish fights off rust infestations, and it's backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
RockyMounts Tandem Mount R4 Roof Bike Rack Customer Reviews
2 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Christian V (Saratoga, CA) Reviewed for a 2008 Audi Q7 — Jun 29, 2015 10:12 PM
Very good quality. Wish it had a locking mechanism (with a lock like ski racks). Trying to order Thule locking quick release, but have not received it yet, so do not know if it will fit. Turning fork mount is a little difficult to use on Audi Q7 (car very tall), but it can be made to work. Luckily our tandem is light. Mounted so bike is in reverse to allow hatch to open while bike i mounted
Reviewed by Lawrence L (FREDERICK, CO) Reviewed for a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe — Sep 11, 2014 7:55 AM
We mounted the rack with the forks to the rear so we could open the hatchback. The tandem is held very secure. Only issue we have is that the rack and bike cannot be secured. The forks cannot be locked and the rack does not lock to the roof rack. As a work around we purchased Tri-Groove Tamper-Resistant Nuts from McMaster-Carr, including the socket and shipping this added almost another $50. For locking the bike when we stop we add a good cable lock from the roof rack to the bike.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships Between 12/01 - 12/03
There are no customer reviews for this product
Get it for the Holidays!
U.S. shipments only. Excludes AK and HI.