- The Thule Apex Swing Away Hitch Bike Rack perfectly pairs mountain-munching durability with unsurpassed ease of use
- Innovative swing-away design enables easy access to your gear, even when fully loaded
- Capable of carrying up to 4 bikes
- Cutting-edge RDT (Road Dampening Technology) Cradles™ reduces damaging vibration
- Integrated heavy-duty locks secure your bikes
- Snug-Tite™ receiver hitch lock eliminates hitch rattle and keeps your rack safe from thieves
- Advanced arc design delivers superior ground clearance and helps maintain space between your bikes
- No-Sway Cage™ prevents bike-to-bike contact, preserving your paint
- Patented Hitch Switch allows arms to fold down for an aerodynamic edge and even easier rear access
- Installs easily without tools
- Fits 2” receivers
- Crafted with pride in the USA
- Your Thule Apex Swing Away Hitch Bike Rack is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Picture it: you wake up primed to ride but Mother Nature is threatening and your trail time is ticking away. When you're itching for adventure, the last thing you want to do is wrangle a bulky carrier. With the Thule Apex Swing Away Hitch Bike Rack it's as easy as pivot and play.
The Thule Swing Hitch Bike Rack uses an incredible swing-away system to seamlessly slide aside for quick access to your gear even when fully loaded with 4 bikes. Plus, its innovative arc design delivers distance between your two wheelers for freakishly fast loading and unloading. On top of that, it boasts cutting-edge RDT cradles to reduce paint-pealing vibration and a patented No-Swing Cage that blocks your bikes from banging against each other. So, no matter how rough the road gets, your cycles are set to storm the summit.
What's more, the Thule Apex Swing boasts an array of security features. Heavy-duty integrated cradle locks bolt down your bikes, and the Snug-Tite™ receiver hitch lock clamps your carrier and halts hitch rattle. Even better, the Thule Apex Hitch Rack Installs easily without tools into any 2" receiver. Best of all, your Thule Apex Swing Bike Rack is built in the USA and backed by an unbeatable Lifetime Warranty.
Thule Apex Swing Away Hitch Bike Rack Customer Reviews
7 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by brian p (Richardson, TX) Reviewed for a 2012 Infiniti QX56 — Jul 24, 2015 10:02 PM
Solid mount system. Once loaded with the family's four bikes there was minimum movement with the bikes. At our first trip gas stop, someone needed something out of the back of the car. It was so easy to swing the load to the side to gain access. Once done, the bikes were returned to position and tightened down and we were back on the road. It wasn't the only time I had to do that and because of that single need, it was worth it's weight in gold.
Reviewed by Aaron L (Livingston, NJ) Reviewed for a 2011 Audi Q7 — Jan 06, 2015 3:40 AM
It ahould have been more clear in product description that non-men adult bikes need an additional Thule adapter, which costs around fifty dollars. The swing out arm could use an extra 2 inches of length to allow trunk to open fully when bikes are on rack. Removing 2 stars for those two things. Outside of that, this is a very good product.
Reviewed by JT A (Tulsa, OK) Reviewed for a 2012 Infiniti QX56 — Aug 03, 2013 10:52 AM
Just traveled from OK to SD to WY to UT with this new Thule bike rack. Good rack overall but main issue with the design is the receiver hitch insert size and its locking mechanism...both are designed for a smaller hitch size 1 1/4" and don't work great with 2" receivers. Thule gives you and "insert" to use to increase insert bar from 1 1/4" to 2", which doesn't inspire much confidence when loaded w/4 heavy Mt. Bikes. Poor locking mechanism too, hard to get "lock-tight" without working loose!
Reviewed by Andrew H (Charleston, SC) Reviewed for a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser — Apr 27, 2013 1:40 PM
Rack works great, it is heavy but I believe it necessary for what it does. And as usual AA service was excellent, the product arrived as advertised and promptly.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships Between 2/10 - 2/12