- Raise your bike rack up and away from your exhaust and the road with the ROLA Bike Shank Adapter
- Provides 6" of lift—perfect for sedans, coupes and other low-clearance rides
- The ideal accessory for today's platform-style bike racks, including the ROLA NV2 and SportWing
- Constructed from mild-grade steel for lasting strength
- Fits 1.25" hitch receivers
- Hitch pin and clip included
- Download installation instructions (PDF)
- Your ROLA Bike Rack Spacer is backed by a 1-year warranty
Loading bikes onto a platform-style bike rack is a lot easier than hoisting them up onto a rooftop carrier. There's just one problem: the steaming-hot exhaust fumes blowing out of your exhaust can melt rubber, discolor paint jobs and leave your saddle smelling like sulfur. If your two-wheelers are too close to your tailpipe, put some distance between them with the ROLA Bike Shank Adapter.
Better than re-plumbing your entire exhaust system, the ROLA Bike Bicycle Shank Adapter repositions your rack up and away from your tailpipe. It delivers a full 6" of lift—enough to protect your cycle from being blasted by hot gases but not so much that it makes it hard to rack up. So, both your bikes and your back benefit. And if your auto rides close to the ground, you won't have to worry about scraping your cycles on speed bumps, driveways and other asphalt obstacles.
Built to go the distance, your ROLA Bike Rack Spacer is constructed from mild steel and sized to fit 1.25" receivers. It pairs perfectly with 1.25" ROLA racks, including the NV2, SportWing, and more. Plus, it comes complete with a hitch pin, clip and 1-year warranty.
ROLA Bike Rack Shank Adapter Customer Reviews
2 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Gail K (ANN ARBOR, MI) Reviewed for a 2008 Honda CR-V — Jun 23, 2014 7:33 AM
The Rola Bike Rack Shank has solved the problem I was having when ever I took my bike on trips. Because my exhaust blows straight out, it has on more than one occasion to melt my tire, inner tube and rim. I inquired about exhaust tips at a muffler shop that would redirect the exhaust downward or away from the car but was told that wasn't feasible as the exhaust sits too close to the car. A new exhaust system. Is too costly. The shank rises the bike rack up and away from the exhaust.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 9/01 - 9/03
There are no customer reviews for this product
- rola bike racks
- thule 538xt braided steel cable lock
- bicycle carrier cover
- hitch extender bike rack
- infiniti car bra
- jeep bike rack
- jeep spare tire bike rack
- bike rack for toyota highlander
- 2003 ford focus floor mats
- fj cruiser spare tire bike rack
- chrome steps for trucks
- performance air intake system
- vehicle chrome accessories