- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Hold numerous bikes with the Saris Axis Steel Hitch Mount Bike Rack
- Weighs only 16 lbs—the lightest steel bike rack available
- Lightweight welded steel construction makes it strong yet easy to handle
- Carries several bikes weighing up to 35 lbs each
- Ratcheting hold-down and anti-sway straps protect and separate bikes
- Cam levers make for easy arm adjustment
- Rack locks to vehicle and bikes lock to the rack for ultimate security
- Easily tilts away from vehicle for quick cargo access
- Universal design fits most 1.25" and 2" hitch receivers
- Comes ready to go and preassembled right out of the box
- Your Saris Axis Steel Hitch Mount Bike Rack is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
In the beginning, before aerospace aluminum and space-age carbon fiber, bicycles were made of steel. But that didn't mean they weren't strong or light. And the same goes for bike racks. So instead of seeking out expensive exotic materials to carry your bikes, load ‘em on the super-strong and super-light Saris Axis Steel Hitch Mount Bike Rack. Tipping the scales at only 16 lbs, the Saris Axis Steel can muscle multiple bikes weighing up to 35 lbs each.
Being crafted from steel makes the Saris Axis steel 3-bike hitch rack strong. But it's the ingenious construction that makes it light. And the construction isn't the only thing ingenious about this rack. Your bikes stay safe and secure with the integrated hold-down and ratcheting anti-sway straps. And for ingenious security, the Saris Axis 4 bike rack locks to your vehicle, and the bikes lock to the rack.
Mounting to both 1.25" and 2" standard hitch receivers, your Saris Axis 2 bike carrier works with just about any vehicle with a hitch. The carrier tilts away from your tailgate for quick and easy cargo-area access, and the arms fold flat when not in use. And, thanks to the rugged steel frame and made-in-the-USA construction, Saris backs your Axis Steel Hitch Mount Bike with a Lifetime Warranty.
Saris Axis Steel Hitch Mount Bike Rack Customer Reviews
5 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Mike K (CHAPEL HILL, NC) — Sep 24, 2014 5:18 AM
The rack works great! Easy to set up and install. The rack has a good tight attaching bolt that does a good job of reducing rack wobble. The plastic straps for securing the bikes to the rack appear to be adequate, but a prudent bike owner would want to add some bungee cords to be sure the bikes stay on the rack.
Reviewed by Robert P (MONONGAHELA, PA) Reviewed for a 2014 Kia Soul — Aug 12, 2014 8:40 PM
Pros: acceptable price, lightweight, drops down for access to rear vehicle hatch. Cons: Does not accommodate women's bike frame very well (I have to invert the bike -- wheels up -- to haul a women's frame), build quality feels a little questionable -- I would not trust a long car trip, and no provision to stabilize the front wheel from turning, so you need a bungie cord to stabilize front wheel. Bottom Line: I would buy it again, acceptable for price, I recognize its deficiencies.
Reviewed by Jeffrey O (Batavia, NY) — May 30, 2014 12:09 PM
Sturdy and well made. Saris is an American company and makes products in Madison, Wisconsin. This is important to me. I had a bones 2 rack for many years and it served me well. Rack came with a small defective screw but a call to the company resulted in a replacement being sent quickly. Hitch pin somewhat cumbersome to attach but I think this would be the case for all bike hitch racks.
Reviewed by Don B (OAK RIDGE, TN) Reviewed for a 2008 Toyota Highlander — May 15, 2014 6:32 AM
I picked this one based on a suggestion from autoeverything. So far I think it is a good combination of features for the price. Capacity is 35lbs/bike. Max speed 65 mph. The carrier is very easy to "assemble" and install on a hitch. The bars that hold the bike only lock into one position (as shown in the photo), they are not adjustable and are plastic - keep your receipt for the lifetime warranty. Get a cable lock to secure the carrier to the hitch to prevent theft. Tilt feature is fine.
- saris bike racks
- softride access element 4-bike hitch rack
- osi bike rack reviews
- best receiver hich for a 2008 jeep liberty sport
- ford bedliner
- jeep spare tire bike rack
- subaru bike racks
- hitch mounted bike rack acadia
- bike rack for chrysler town and country
- 2 bike rack bicycle careers for fj cru
- aftermarket exhaust systems
- luggage carriers
- performance tuners