Yakima HoldUp Bike Rack
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 5/05 - 5/07
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Spend more time riding and less time loading with the Yakima HoldUp Bike Rack
- Takes less than 10 seconds to secure your bicycle using the StrongArm grip and premium wheel straps
- Tray-style rack holds a wide range of bicycles, from extreme mountain bikes to sleepy beach cruisers
- Its spring-loaded hitch pin lets you fold your HoldUp down for rear access and up when you're rolling bike-less
- Comes with a 6' SKS security cable to secure your cycles
- Built-in bottle opener for post-ride quenchers
- Holds two bikes standard—holds four with the optional Yakima HoldUp Plus 2 Add-On (2” receiver models only)
- Fits bikes with a wheel diameter of 14” - 29” and a wheelbase up to 48”
- Setting up your rack is easy—Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Your Yakima HoldUp Bike Rack is backed by a solid Lifetime Warranty
For Nicholas Cage, it takes a whole 60 seconds to boost a Benz. For you, 10 seconds is all you need to lift your Bianchi and secure the sturdy arms of the Yakima HoldUp Bike Rack. While this time-defying feat might not lead to any high-speed cop chases through Long Beach, it'll definitely earn you bragging rights at the velodrome—and maybe even the love and respect of your old flame.
How is it that the Yakima Hold Up makes it so easy and so fast to load and unload your bikes? It all boils down to its superior design. First, the Yakima Hold Up Rack mounts low in your trailer hitch, so you don't have to hoist your two-wheelers up to the roof. Second, the fast-ratcheting StrongArm grip and wheel straps hold onto your wheels instead of your frame, so you don't have to pop off your tires and futz around with frame adaptors. These innovations make the Yakima HoldUp so speedy—you just set, strap and go.
For maximum stability, your Yakima HoldUp Rack comes with an anti-rattle hitch pin that keeps everything snug and shift free. Plus, the rack itself is spring-loaded, so you can tilt it forward when you're not hauling bikes. And, it comes with a 6' SKS security cable to protect your bikes from bandits. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Yakima HoldUp Bike Rack Customer Reviews
14 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Kyle S (OWATONNA, MN) — Apr 23, 2015 8:05 PM
This bike rack is great. It securely holds all of our bikes from the kids 20" to my 29" mountain bike. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it is rather heavy. the base 2 weights almost 50 lbs and with the add on it is over 80. I'm able to handle it, but it isn't fun. Luckily it comes in two pieces so you can break it down to move it around. Breaks down really quick so it isn't too bad. Putting it on a diet to loose a few pounds would be good though.
Reviewed by Jim L (MAPLE VALLEY, WA) — Mar 17, 2015 10:02 PM
Solid rack, heavy but sign of great quality. One gripe is the pin to place in the hole to help keep it from bouncing up and down is held on by a cheap plastic pin. Rack is easy to load bikes and hit the road, yes you have to screw it in to the receiver(use a socket wrench) but it doesn't take that long to do. This rack is more convenient for the plus 2 add on for four bikes, where as other more expensive racks seemed to be a project to put together and more permanent. Great rack so far!
Reviewed by Betsy M (ISSAQUAH, WA) — Dec 21, 2014 8:39 AM
100% pleased with this bike rack. I have an older version of this rack and gave this one as a Christma present. Installation was easy, all the parts were there, and the upgrades to the rack look and work great. Now I want to get the newer rack!! Also very pleased with the service and delivery from this company. Rack arrived within a couple of days, just like promised, and the price was the best I found, by a significant amount.
Reviewed by Thomas R (CARROLL, IA) Reviewed for a 2014 Ford F-150 — Sep 24, 2014 4:15 AM
My wife and started riding this year and needed a rack to transport our bikes to the trails. We purchased the Yakima was a great buy. Very easy on and off and are secure with little or no movement during travel. You can't go wrong with this product.