- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Transport your two-wheelers right with a Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack
- Customize your carrying with racks available for 2, 4 or 5 bikes
- Ridgeback Bike Rack is compatible with both 1.25" and 2" hitch receivers
- UpperHand lever folds rack down for vehicle access & folds it flat for easy storage
- Fully-removable ZipStrips secure your bikes to the rack in seconds
- SpeedKnob quickly tightens and locks the rack to your car without tools
- Anti-sway cradles & padded arms eliminate bike-to-bike & bike-to-vehicle contact
- Includes lock and comes fully-assembled with Yakima’s signature built-in bottle opener
- Your Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Your next big biking adventure awaits—and with a Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack, you can get everyone and their gear delivered with ease. Crafted in a range of sizes to accommodate 2, 4 or 5 bikes, these premium hitch mount bike racks are compatible with both 1.25" and 2" hitch receivers.
With unmatched ease, the Ridgeback’s UpperHand lever folds your rack down for total vehicle access or completely flat for compact storage. Equipped with padded arms and anti-sway cradles, the Yakima Ridgeback 4 holds your cycles steady in transit. And when you're parked, the integrated locking system secures your bikes from sticky-fingered thieves.
Easy to operate, the Yakima Ridgeback 2 features fully-removable ZipStrips that secure your bikes to the rack in seconds and a SpeedKnob that quickly tightens your rack to your car without the use of tools. Your Yakima Ridgeback 5 is backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack Customer Reviews
22 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Bill F (FARMINGDALE, NY) Reviewed for a 2017 Subaru Outback — Oct 31, 2016 11:10 AM
Dealing with AA was great ,items arrived quicker than expected. Bike rack on the other hand not quite as great a review. Rack is very sturdy ,easy to install comes fully assembled all great features. The negative is you need an engineering degree to truly get 4 bikes on there. Ordered bike tube for wife's bike at some time, but getting 4 bikes on is a real challenge. Maybe should have gotten 5 bike rack to fit 4 more easily.
Reviewed by Marie B (BYRON CENTER, MI) Reviewed for a 2013 Ford Escape — Oct 25, 2016 10:16 AM
Love it! A little heavy, yet manageable. Sways a little away from the car and towards, with two bikes, but seems to be stable enough. Very easy to install and use.
Reviewed by Andrew S (HENRICO, VA) Reviewed for a 2012 Toyota 4Runner — Oct 03, 2016 8:30 PM
I really like the weight and feel of the Ridgeback and believe it should last for quite sometime. For those that don't actually like the large red Yakima logo don't worry because it won't stay on for very long. Mine was already coming up in a few spots right out of the box. They should do something about that. I'll enjoy it as a good looking and hearty 4 bike hitch mounted rack for years to come.
Reviewed by Chi C (PLACENTIA, CA) — Sep 11, 2016 10:33 PM
Simple design and easy installation with a standard hitch. Bike arrangement can be a bit tricky depending on the frame shape and size. The locking security mechanism gives peace of mind when you leave the rack on. Overall a solid bike rack for our family of four.