- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Transport your two-wheelers right with a Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack
- Customize your carrying with racks available for 2, 4 or 5 bikes
- Ridgeback Bike Rack is compatible with both 1.25" and 2" hitch receivers
- UpperHand lever folds rack down for vehicle access & folds it flat for easy storage
- Fully-removable ZipStrips secure your bikes to the rack in seconds
- SpeedKnob quickly tightens and locks the rack to your car without tools
- Anti-sway cradles & padded arms eliminate bike-to-bike & bike-to-vehicle contact
- Includes lock and comes fully-assembled with Yakima’s signature built-in bottle opener
- Your Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Your next big biking adventure awaits—and with a Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack, you can get everyone and their gear delivered with ease. Crafted in a range of sizes to accommodate 2, 4 or 5 bikes, these premium hitch mount bike racks are compatible with both 1.25" and 2" hitch receivers.
With unmatched ease, the Ridgeback’s UpperHand lever folds your rack down for total vehicle access or completely flat for compact storage. Equipped with padded arms and anti-sway cradles, the Yakima Ridgeback 4 holds your cycles steady in transit. And when you're parked, the integrated locking system secures your bikes from sticky-fingered thieves.
Easy to operate, the Yakima Ridgeback 2 features fully-removable ZipStrips that secure your bikes to the rack in seconds and a SpeedKnob that quickly tightens your rack to your car without the use of tools. Your Yakima Ridgeback 5 is backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Yakima Ridgeback Hitch Mount Bike Rack Customer Reviews
28 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Justin N (Novi, MI) Reviewed for a 2018 Ford F-150 — Mar 14, 2018 8:04 AM
Just got it, took a moment to figure out how to get it into the 2" receiver, but works as advertised. Other reviews were right - if you plan to transport 4 adult bikes, buy the 5 bike rack so they all fit!
Reviewed by roger k (SCOTTS VALLEY, CA) Reviewed for a 2013 Toyota Prius — Jan 17, 2018 12:35 PM
This a very sturdy well-made rack for 2 bikes. It weighs 30 lbs so it takes some effort to get it on your trailer hitch. Being a tall rack it also takes some effort to lift a bike on to it. It allows easy access to the trunk of the car. I like the stability of the rack while driving
Reviewed by mike b (BAKERSFIELD, CA) Reviewed for a 2013 Kia Soul — Jun 15, 2017 9:35 AM
I purchased the Ridge back for 2 bikes and use it almost daily on my 2013 Kia Soul. It's not bulky but it is solid and handles the bikes with ease. It's easy to attach and remove quickly. The fold down feature is great for accessing the rear hatch area. I would definately recommend this sysytem. I have owned the type of carrier that hooks and straps to the rear of the vehicle and in time it damages the finish of the car. The Ridge back does not make contact except at the hitch area.
Reviewed by Joshua W (Plainfield, IL) Reviewed for a 2014 Subaru Forester — Apr 12, 2017 9:02 AM
This is the first hitch rack I have bought and I am pleasantly surprised. The hardest part is lining the holes up with the pin wich is only used for lining up the rack. I wish I would have known this before trying it out the first time.Holds the bike well.