- Cut your downhill speeds up to 78% without even touching your brake pedal with the Banks SpeedBrake
- This all-electronic engine brake is custom engineered for your specific diesel engine
- Similar to cruise control, your Banks SpeedBrake automatically maintains the downhill speed you want between 25 and 75 mph
- For variable braking power, you can set your SpeedBrake to a High, Medium or Low setting
- Safely utilizes your turbo vanes, torque converter clutch and transmission gear selection to control your speeds
- The Banks SpeedBrake works through the optional Banks IQ Dashboard PC
- Monitors and displays critical safety parameters, including your true speed, transmission temperature, and engine coolant temperature
- Simple plug-and-play installation—your Banks SpeedBrake includes a custom wiring harness and detailed instructions
- 2-year warranty
When you're chugging down a steep grade with a hefty trailer in tow, standard wheel brakes can heat up and fail under the stress. To keep your rig from running away from you, you need the added strength of the Banks SpeedBrake. This cutting-edge engine brake system utilizes your diesel truck's turbo vanes, torque converter clutch and transmission gear selection to keep your speeds in check-all without your foot ever touching the brake pedal!
Like cruise control for your brakes, you simply set your Banks SpeedBrake with the downhill speed you want to maintain, and it does all the work. Or, you can choose between a High, Medium or Low setting, and the Banks SpeedBrake automatically responds. Either way, your wheel brakes are spared the stress of downhill stopping, saving you a thousands in brake jobs.
Best of all, the Banks SpeedBrake boasts a simple plug-and-play installation-no cutting, welding or wire-spicing. You control the SpeedBrake through the optional Banks IQ Dashboard PC, which allows you to monitor your critical engine parameters, including true speed, transmission temperature and engine coolant temperature. 2-year warranty.
- A Banks Tuner is required for this product to function
This product has not yet been reviewed.
Ships Between 10/09 - 10/13
- What Do You Drive?