- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Manually tune your ride's front-to-rear braking balance by proportionally decreasing rear brake-line pressure
- Prevents rear brakes from locking up before the fronts under heavy braking
- Dial adjustment provides nearly unlimited tuning between the front and rear brakes
- Available with or without an analogue brake-pressure gauge
- Constructed of aerospace-grade billet aluminum
- Your choice of a black anodized or polished aluminum finish
- SSBC has specialized in high-performance brakes since 1976
- Your SSBC Adjustable Proportioning Valve is backed by a 1-year warranty
If you've ever slammed your brakes real hard and the back of your vehicle started spinning towards the front, you know what a white-knuckle ride is all about. These heart-attack inducing episodes are usually caused by the rear brakes locking up before the front. And, the tendency for the rear to clamp too soon may be more apparent after performance disc upgrades.
The solution? Put your heart back in your chest and get the SSBC Adjustable Proportioning Valve. The adjustable proportioning valve helps eliminate premature rear wheel lockup by fine-tuning pressure between the front and rear brakes.
Made from lightweight billet aluminum, this valve comes in your choice of a black-anodized or polished-aluminum finish. Also available with an analogue pressure gauge to make your brake tuning even more accurate. And, your SSBC Adjustable Proportioning Valve is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- SSBC Adjustable Proportioning Valves are for performance use only not intended to be a direct OE replacement.
SSBC Adjustable Proportioning Valve Customer Reviews
2 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Robert S (Phoenix, AZ) — May 28, 2009 7:18 AM
i received the valve after speaking with a rep on the phone i asked if this would solve the weak rear brake pressure he felt this would be the fix, im not sure though how this works with only one valve handeling only one line how do you adjust the pressure to the rear if not getting from the front as well ?
Reviewed by Jason N (Bear, DE) Reviewed for a 1972 Chevy Nova — Apr 18, 2008 4:49 PM
The SSBC proportioning valve has worked wonders for my '72 Nova. With a quick adjustment I went from locking the rear tires up to phenominal overall braking. The valve not only works, but it looks good as well.