- The SSBC Electric Vacuum Pump Kit generates the vacuum needed to operate your vehicle's power brake booster
- The electric vacuum pump kicks in when engine vacuum is too low—common in high-performance and supercharged engines
- Kit includes 12 volt vacuum pump, switching relay, vacuum line and control, mounting insulators and all required hardware
- Pump measures approximately 8" L x 5" W x 7" H
- SSBC has specialized in high-performance brakes since 1976
- Your SSBC Electric Vacuum Pump Kit is backed by a 1-year warranty
If your vehicle's been upgraded with disc brakes and a gnarly high-performance motor, it may have a hard time generating enough vacuum to operate the power brake booster. And, less vacuum to the booster can result in poor braking which makes for a wild ride and a potentially dangerous situation.
To operate properly, a power brake booster needs at least 16 inches of vacuum at engine idle. If the vacuum drops below 16 inches, the booster looses power and seriously affects braking performance. With the SSBC Electric Vacuum Pump Kit, your power booster always has enough vacuum to deliver maximum braking power.
The pump mounts inline between your vehicle's intake manifold and power brake booster. It works on 12 volt power and the kit includes everything you need-pump, switching relay, vacuum line and mounting insulators. Best of all, your SSBC Electric Vacuum Pump Kit is backed by a 1-year warranty.
SSBC Electric Vacuum Pump Kit Customer Reviews
28 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Bill V (Piqua, OH) — Sep 13, 2012 6:18 AM
I don't mind the noise it makes because I can't hear it when the motor is running. It works great plenty of brake. It was hard to mount because it has to be horizontal I fabricated a bracket and mounted it on the core support. I can feel the vibration but I can live with it if the car will stop. Overall very satisfied good quality a little expensive.
Reviewed by John B (WRIGHT CITY, MO) — Aug 16, 2012 5:27 AM
Vacuum pump was relatively easy to install. Could be a little smaller, tough to find a good spot to locate. Somewhat noisy, but if you have a loppy cam and loud exhaust you'll never hear it. John
Reviewed by kathleen b (Elkton, MD) Reviewed for a 2012 Ford F-250 — Feb 24, 2012 3:03 PM
Found this item cheaper somewhere else, however, I have dealt with AutoAnything several times in the past and always have been please with their professional service. I called and asked for a price match. It was NO hassle at all and they honored the lower price. Awsome friendly service and super fast shipping!
Reviewed by Carmen D (Chicopee, MA) Reviewed for a 2008 Chevy Cobalt — Jan 11, 2012 11:34 PM
I'm very mechanically inclined and I've done all the work on my car so far the biggest piece of junk is this thing, it doesn't work properly even after trouble shooting it several times it still doesn't work properly, I'm returning it, if that's even possible.
Reviewed by Sam A (Siler City, NC) — Oct 29, 2011 8:05 AM
This application was for an older TR6 with very low vaccum from the engine. Pump was added to improve braking with the vaccum booster. Solved the problem. Limited installation space under the hood on the car but was able to fit it in w/o problem. The pump is a little loud but small concession for the results.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships Between 12/22 - 12/28
There are no customer reviews for this product
- ssbc brake reviews
- ssbc drum to disc conversion kit
- ssbc big brake kit
- ssbc brake calipers
- honda brake pads
- honda brake rotor upgrade
- mercedes benz brake pads
- 2004 pontiac grad am brakes
- fj cruiser ss brake lines
- honda accord brake rotors
- suv cargo liners for dogs
- tent for the bed of a truck
- tonneau covers truck