SSBC Disc Brake Conversion Kits
- Save an Extra 5% Use Promo Code 11315
- Ships Between 1/05 - 1/07
- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- The SSBC Disc Brake Conversion Kit converts old drum brakes to modern disc brakes
- Amplifies breaking power, enhances pedal response and intensifies your vehicle’s image
- Custom designed for a bolt-on fit to your specific year, make and model vehicle
- Perfect for serious street performance, heavyweight vehicles, and autos with large aftermarket wheels
- Kits includes: calipers, rotors, master cylinder, spindles, pads, brackets, splash shields, adjustable proportioning valve, lines, seals, bearings, grease caps, stainless flex hoses, spindle nuts and grade-8 hardware (contents vary by model)
- Choose from 1-, 2-, 3- or 4-piston high-performance calipers (varies by model)
- Calipers are sculpted from billet aluminum for maximum strength and minimal unsprung weight
- Stainless steel caliper pistons resist corrosion and insulate brake fluid against fade-inducing heat
- Pistons boast dust seals and boots that protect hydraulic seals for a long, trouble free service life
- Stainless steel grease caps and bleeder screws prevent corrosion and increase durability
- SSBC calipers use standard off-the-shelf pads for easy pad replacement
- Choose from a palette of caliper colors (all colors not available for all vehicles)
- Kit includes Standard or SSBC Turbo Slotted Rotors—vented and channeled to stay cool and prevent fade (contents vary by model)
- Rotors boast Xtra Life Plating to block unsightly rust and corrosion
- Includes standard-sized performance brake pads—formulated for firm bite, hushed use, low dust and easy replacement
- The motorsport-inspired look commands attention and respect on the road and the track
- Your SSBC Disc Brake Conversion Kit is backed by a 1-year warranty
Drums. Great at carrying a beat—not so great at stopping your vehicle. Ditch those rinky-dink drum brakes and bolt on the SSBC Disc Brake Conversion Kit. This custom drum-to-disc conversion kit bolts right up to your vehicle's axles for race-inspired braking and attention-stealing style.
SSBC's performance calipers are the heart and soul of this disc brake conversion kit. Super-light aluminum calipers are fitted with up to 4 stainless steel pistons that bite down hard on the included Standard or Turbo Slotted Rotors. SSBC also gives you an array of caliper color choices so you can match your ride's custom style.
Everything you need to go from drums to discs is included in your kit: calipers, rotors, master cylinder, spindles, pads, mounting brackets, splash shields, adjustable proportioning valve, lines, seals, bearings, grease caps, braided stainless flex hoses, spindle nuts and grade-8 hardware (contents vary by model). And best yet, SSBC backs your Disc Brake Conversion Kit with a 1-year warranty.
SSBC Disc Brake Conversion Kits Customer Reviews
3 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by John F (Spring Grove, IL) Reviewed for a 1965 Ford Falcon — Aug 31, 2011 2:28 PM
After extensive research I decided to purchase the SSBC front disc brake conversion for my 1965 Falcon convertible to replace the original four wheel drum brakes & single bowl master cylinder. The kit is very complete & the parts are of high quality. Mechanical installation was very straight forward. Prebent tubing is provided to plumb the proportioning valve but I tried every possible configuration & nothing worked so I bent my own. I would call the instructions adequate but could be greatly improved with photos or illustrations. I did call SSBC technical support & they were very helpful & knowledgable. A bench bleeding kit is provided for the master cylinder simplifying the bleeding pprocess. Probably took a total of 4-5 hours to install. The car now stops fast & straight. No more brake fade or pulling. AutoAnything had the best price + free shipping.