- Tow safer with the ultra-smart Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Control
- Its brilliant onboard sensors read your rate of slowing and apply the same amount of braking strength to your trailer
- Completely self-leveling—needs no calibration
- Helps you stop faster, improves ride quality and boosts safety
- Increase or decrease the overall braking aggression with the "Boost" feature
- Your Primus IQ Brake Controller works with electric brake systems on trailers with up to 3 axles
- Accepts 2-plug adapters
- Clips in and out from your dash easily for safe storage when you're not towing
- Works proportionally in reverse for backing into difficult spots
- Digital LED display depicts secure electrical connection, amount of voltage delivery to the trailer brakes & diagnostic features
- Comes with mounting hardware, a universal wiring harness and installation instructions
- Self diagnostics feature illuminates an LED readout when issues are detected
- Utilizes Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adaptors
- Your Tekonsha Primus IQ Electronic Brake Controller is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Whether you're tugging your boat down to the lake or pulling a trailer of tools to the jobsite, you need to stay in control of your load. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the best way to keep your trailer in check is when your trailer brakes match the braking force of your rig's brakes. Cut your stopping distances and crank up your towing safety with the advanced Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Control.
Brains and brawn come standard with your Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller. Less intelligent proportional brake controllers have to be taught how to react to your trailer through a process called leveling. But, the Primus IQ is smarter than that. It's completely self-leveling, so it works perfectly without the learning curve—no calibration needed. Of course, if you're hauling an especially heavy or light load, you can unleash the "Boost" feature for more or less braking aggression.
Mounting your Primus IQ Brake Controller is a breeze. It comes complete with a snap-in mounting clip for your dashboard and a quick-release connector, so you can store it safely at home when you're not on the road. Better still, Tekonsha covers your Primus IQ Brake Control with a Lifetime Warranty.
Tekonsha Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control Customer Reviews
9 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by lloyd r (MOLINE, IL) — Mar 18, 2015 8:22 AM
works very well 2015 Toyota Tacoma, plug and play and go. Hardest part was finding plug in my dash. Wish the cord was 6 inches longer, does fit a little tight. Very satisfied.
Reviewed by Brent M (Dunmore, WV) Reviewed for a 2001 Chevy Silverado — Dec 27, 2014 2:13 PM
Brake control works really good, with the different settings that you can use with different trailer weights. Like it way better than the cheaper model that I had and you don;t have to level this one. This is the one to buy, and wish I had known before I purchased the other one.
Reviewed by Ted L (Maurice, LA) — Dec 03, 2014 7:54 AM
I have owned many brake controllers in the past. This Tekonsha Primus uses an inertia system in its braking control. It is very smooth and very consistent, no surprises. Would by this product again, and will recomend to others. Ted
Reviewed by James P (SPOKANE, WA) Reviewed for a 1999 Dodge Ram — Nov 02, 2014 1:37 PM
This Primus IQ replaces a Tekonsha voyager unit which went bad after 15 yrs. of service.I was able to wire in the Primus exactly the way I took the old Voyager out. Auto Anything did not try to sell me an additional wiring harness like their Competitor did. Am very pleased.
Reviewed by Ryan U (Rochester, IN) Reviewed for a 2011 Chevy Malibu — Oct 31, 2014 9:31 PM
My first unit was faulty, however autoanything had a replacement unit in my hands in less then 3 days! I dont know why I went so long without this unit. It stops 10k like the trailer is empty. The proportional feature is super nice as well!!
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 7/28 - 7/30
There are no customer reviews for this product
- tekonsha brakes, rotors & pads
- tekonsha prodigy p2 trailer brake controller
- valley odyssey 2
- venturer brake controller
- bmw brake pads
- bmw rotors
- mercedes benz brake pads
- honda element rotors
- 2006 toyota corolla floor mats
- best brake rotors for f150
- fitted car floor mats custom
- windshield wind deflector 2012 civic
- motor oil and filter kit