You’ve always wanted a car with a sunroof, and now you’ve finally gotten one. But, it’s hard to enjoy when every time you open it, you find yourself in the midst of a small tornado whirling around in your cabin. Lucky for you, there’s a simple solution—a sunroof deflector. Sunroof deflectors are designed to redirect the onslaught of in-bound wind. So, you can cruise down the highway or enjoy the country air in a calm driving environment.
Types of Deflectors
When choosing your new moonroof wind deflector, you’ll want to stick with the top brands, like the AVS sunroof wind deflector and the Benevento sunroof wind deflector. These brands have years of experience designing cutting edge sunroof deflectors, bug deflectors, rain guards for car windows and more.
Also, be sure to take a look at the customer reviews on our website. Whether you have your eye on the Lund bug deflector or the AVS Chrome Bug Deflector, you can read numerous reviews from our loyal consumers. You’ll find hundreds of reviews of wind deflectors for cars, trucks and SUVs. Or, you can do a vehicle-specific search to find out which Nissan Maxima sunroof wind deflector or Jetta sunroof deflector looks the best, or which Mazda 3 sunroof deflector is the easiest to install.
The Installation Guide
Once you’ve chosen your new deflector, you can move on to the easy part: installing a sunroof deflector. Not sure where to begin? No problem. Although installation instructions vary depending on the vehicle and the deflector you choose, these easy steps will give you a general idea of how to install a sunroof deflector.
- Clean your vehicle, especially the rim of your sunroof. Dry the surface completely.
- Place the deflector on the sunroof, positioning it where you would like it. Outline the deflector with masking tape.
- Scrub the surface around the sunroof frame with an alcohol wipe and let the area dry. This will allow the deflector tape to adhere to the area securely.
- Peel off the tape backing and gently pull back until all of the tape is exposed.
- Lightly place the deflector on the sunroof aligning it with your masking tape markings. When you’re sure that it’s positioned correctly, firmly press on the deflector to secure it to the vehicle.