- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- PaceSetter Headers are custom-engineered for racetrack performance and sound in your vehicle
- Forged from mandrel-bent 16-gauge mild steel tubing with your choice of protective finishes:
- Black paint (standard): Double-layered protective black paint is cured to a smooth finish. The paint provides solid protection against corrosion during the storage of PaceSetter Headers.
- Armor Coat: PaceSetter's exclusive Armor Coat process utilizes two layers of metallic-ceramic protection that's cured at a searing 2000°F. It won't discolor like paint, chrome or dull coatings, and keeps under-hood temperatures lower.
- PaceSetter Headers boast substantially higher flow than inefficient stock exhaust manifolds
- CNC-machined thick steel flanges with milled surfaces ensure a proper fit and the best seal
- PaceSetter Headers come equipped with positions for all factory sensors
- Connects without hassle to the stock Y-pipe on most models
- PaceSetter Headers are designed with easy bolt-on installation in mind for most models (some vehicles require welding or fabrication, select vehicle above for details)
- Includes detailed step-by-step instructions and custom-machined gaskets; utilizes stock header bolts
- PaceSetter Headers are available in 50-state smog legal and off-road/racing only models (select vehicle above for specific availability)
- Made right here in the USA
- Your PaceSetter Headers are backed by a 3-year warranty
Saddle-up some PaceSetter Headers-they've been cranking out high-end European performance right here in the USA for decades. That's how they earned the black stallion as their enduring logo.
Stock headers are inherently inefficient. That's why PaceSetter Headers are specifically engineered for more free flow that cultivates power, boosts looks and retards under-hood temperatures. The transformation for your vehicle is immediately noticeable.
PaceSetter Headers are clearly different from competing performance parts. Each uses 16-gauge mandrel-bent mild steel with thicker flanges for a leak-free fit. Your choice of protective coatings completes the impressive package: black paint or PaceSetter Headers' exclusive Armor*Coat.
For straightforward installation, PaceSetter Headers bolt into place using the included gaskets and the original hardware. And, your PaceSetter Headers carry a 3-year warranty. Isn't it time your vehicle set the pace?
Thanks to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: US Code – Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312, your vehicle’s factory warranty is protected by law when you add aftermarket parts. Details
PaceSetter Headers Customer Reviews
133 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Narciso L (LOS FRESNOS, TX) Reviewed for a 1997 Toyota Tacoma — Sep 08, 2016 12:05 PM
Headers look nice in armor coating but gaskets seem a poor quality, hopefully they last a long time. Another thing kit does not come with EGR and O2 sensor bolts, need to run to local store to find those bolts.
Reviewed by Jeffrey H (Ottumwa, IA) Reviewed for a 1981 Toyota Celica — Aug 17, 2016 7:46 PM
Overall, this header is a good value and shipment was prompt. However, There are a few caveats: #1. Needed to modify [cut] the heat riser "clamshell" to accommodate the pipes and remove tranny bracket; #2. No O2 sensor flange [as shown -in worst possible location- in reversed pic]; #3. The biggest -and completely baffling- caveat is that the "smog pump" port mounts were tapped for 5/16 SAE bolts rather than 8mm!
Reviewed by Garrett R (HUNTINGTOWN, MD) Reviewed for a 1999 Dodge Ram — Aug 08, 2016 5:53 AM
Great set of headers for the price. They improved horsepower which is definitely noticeable. Plus, they sound amazing with no exhaust.
Reviewed by Glenn S (Monroe, MI) Reviewed for a 1988 Pontiac Firebird — Oct 20, 2015 5:23 PM
The pacesetter kit was complete.Everything is in it.Fit beautiful.The easiest set I ever installed.They drop in from the top.Now the bad part,the paint is still burning off ( stinks).The EGR MOUNT IS OFF,ANGLED TO THE AC ACUMULATOR.THE EGR MOUNT IS WRONG.I HAD TO FAB UP EGR DELETE PLATE AT THE HEADER AND INTAKE. THE IDLER PULLY NOW HAS NO REAR SUPPORT,NEITHER DOE'S THE POWER STEERING. NOW I HAVE ALL THIS VIBRATION/NOISE.I'VE SUPERTUNED THIS CAR.NEW TIMING SET,HYPERTEC CHIP,AC#1 PLUGS,MSD COIL,
Reviewed by Charles M (Hollywood, FL) Reviewed for a 1998 Jeep Cherokee — Oct 10, 2015 5:11 AM
This is 2nd second set of headers from pacesetter. This first I got was #70-1191 and the metal in 5 yrs went bad. So this time around since I was pleased with the performance I got the armor coated set.. For the price with the coating its still the best bang for your buck compared to other performance headers.