- Save 10% Use Promo Code special10!
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- The Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler takes the checkered flag as Flowmaster's most aggressive-sounding muffler
- Crafted from aluminized steel for corrosion resistance and precision mig welded for maximum durability
- Perfect for early muscle cars, off-road & race vehicles and dual-exhaust rides
- Hear the power of your engine with the excellent interior resonance of the 40 Series—especially at 1800-2000 RPMs and again at 2400-2600 RPMs
- Original two-chamber design maximizes horsepower and torque
- The centerpiece muffler for many Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust Systems
- Casing embossed with the Flowmaster name
- Your Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler carries a 3-year warranty
Get the original aggressive Flowmaster sound that puts serious punch into your vehicle's presence and power. The Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler maximizes horsepower, torque and flow with its two-chamber design-the original two-chamber Flowmaster muffler.
If the roaring sound of an engine is music to your ears, you'll love the Flowmaster 40 Series. Aggressive sound is maximized outside, while high-volume interior resonance lets you hear every push of the pedal. It's this total sound design that makes the Flowmaster 40 Series the centerpiece of many of Flowmaster's outstanding American Thunder Exhaust Systems.
Ideal for early muscle cars, off-road rides and dual exhaust cruisers, the Flowmaster Original 40 boasts the quality construction you'd expect from Flowmaster. Each Flowmaster muffler is built with 16-gauge aluminized steel for corrosion resistance and fully mig-welded for maximum durability. Best yet, your Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler boasts a 3-year warranty.
- Flowmaster Original 40 Series Mufflers come in a variety of inlet/outlet configurations and sizes, shown above. Select the inlet/outlet diameter you need from the drop down at right.
Flowmaster Original 40 Series Mufflers Customer Reviews
78 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Osman T (Detroit, MI) Reviewed for a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo — May 23, 2017 9:52 PM
Bought and installed these original 40 series mufflers on my 2001 monte carlo. It makes a great roaring sound that's controlled as per the throttle response. I can take off with easy acceleration and it makes a noticeable sound (roar) I slam the pedal to the metal and it gets much louder which is exactly the type of sound how and when I wanted. No interior drone. So this was done on my stock everything v6 3.8L engine. Now i can imagine the sound from these mufflers onna v8
Reviewed by David W (WAUKESHA, WI) Reviewed for a 2016 Ford Taurus — Jan 27, 2017 10:06 AM
Got muffler in just a few days! The sound is incredible! Really makesy F150 sound like a real truck!