Ceramic Coated Headers
Ceramic Coated Exhaust PartsThis is a spray-on finish that’s infused with heat-insulating ceramics. It is not a DIY solution, these exhaust parts are coated at the factory, or sent to a facility with the proper equipment.
- Provides the biggest horsepower gains when compared to other exhaust insulation methods
- Reduces under-hood temperatures better than other types of exhaust insulation
- The ceramic coating is applied evenly on both the inside and outside of the exhaust pipes, preventing “hot spots” that can cause metal fatigue
- Improves the laminar flow of your exhaust gasses
- Prevents rust and corrosion of the ceramic coated parts
- Looks great—some coatings resemble chrome plating
JBA Ceramic Coated Headers
- High-quality, ceramic coated exhaust parts are more expensive
- Manufacturers use a special process to apply the coating. While the coating is durable, the part will have to be sent back to them for repair if you manage to chip it
- Coatings may dull in appearance over time
Header & Exhaust Wraps
Exhaust WrapThis is a fiberglass or composite fabric that wraps around, and insulates, exhaust system components. It is a DIY solution that can be added to nearly any exhaust part, stock or aftermarket.
- Adds a few extra horsepower when used on stock or performance pipes
- Reduces under hood temps, prolonging the life of fragile engine parts and hoses
- Easy to install and more affordable than buying ceramic coated parts
- Custom wrap anything you want
Heatshield Lava Exhaust Wrap
- Only insulates the outside of exhaust parts
- Exhaust wraps may absorb moisture from the road and cause rusting if your tubes aren’t made from stainless steel
Ceramic coatings and header wraps are a sure way to add horsepower and a performance attitude to your motor. Even better, this highly-specialized insulation blocks intense engine heat that can rob your ride of horsepower and damage engine components. Our heavy-duty ceramic-coated exhaust accessories and sturdy wraps boost horsepower, while keeping your whip’s engine bay cool as a cucumber. This prolongs the life of hoses, wires and other temperature-sensitive accessories under the hood, letting you enjoy your car’s performance worry-free. To see which heat insulation methods work best for real-world driving, check out our exhaust headers customer reviews.