- Prevent under-hood eruptions with Heatshield Products Lava Header Wrap
- Crafted from high quality volcanic crushed volcanic rock (basalt) filament yarn, making it noncombustible, chemical, acid, water and fungus resistant.
- 25% stronger than fiberglass wraps
- Wrap headers and exhaust systems with great-looking results
- Rated for 1200F continuous use and 2000F for intermittent
- Maintains hotter exhaust gas and decreases gas density
- Increases exhaust scavenging and reduces intake temperatures
- Reduces under-hood temps by up to 50%
- Manages intake and exhaust temperatures to increases horsepower
- Choose from a variety of lengths and widths – each 1/16” thick
- Proudly made in the USA
- Download Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Your Heatshield Products Lava Header Wrap is backed by a 90-day warranty
Lava—it's not just for creating south-pacific island paradises, tiki carvings and hand soap anymore. Oh no, the fire-born material that forms the very earth we drive on has been harnessed to give your hot rod a double eruption of performance and style—in the Heatshield Products Lava Header Wrap.
Harvested from the hottest place on earth—a volcano—crushed volcanic rock is what gives Heatshield Exhaust Wrap its magma magnificence. This earth-born base material handles super high heat, and the earth-tone grey color gives your engine bay a menacing, other-worldly look. Plus, it lasts 25% longer than fiberglass wraps.
Maintaining hotter exhaust gas and decreasing gas density, Heatshield wraps encourage exhaust scavenging. Couple that with radically reduced under-hood temps and chilly intake temperatures to get one result—more horsepower. Even better, Heatshield Products backs your Lava Header Wrap with a volcanic 90-day warranty.
- Click the "Detailed Info" tab if you would like to use our tool to estimate how much exhaust wrap you will need for your headers, downpipe, or exhaust system
- Always wear gloves, safety glasses and a dust mask when working with Lava Exhaust Wrap. Wearing long sleeves is also recommended.
Heatshield Products Lava Exhaust Wrap Customer Reviews
3 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Lilya V (Emerald Hills, CA) — Jun 07, 2016 10:13 AM
I used Lava wrap on the custom exhaust system on a 2012 Harley Nightster. The instructions were concise, easy to follow and with enough information to make the installation safe. This is definitely a product that I will be using on other projects. The 50' roll was more than enough to do both pipes and certainly the best price was to be had at AutoAnything!
Reviewed by COLIN V (WEAVERVILLE, NC) — Sep 30, 2014 8:52 PM
Decent product performance wise. Be prepared to get twice as much as you plan on using...my 50' roll went about 4 linear feet on 2.5" exhaust. And if you're applying to bent exhaust pipes, it'll use it up quick.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships Between 2/28 - 3/02
There are no customer reviews for this product
- heatshield products exhaust, mufflers & tips
- aeroskin hood protector chrome
- afe pro dry air filters
- american thunder exhaust systems
- ford headers
- porsche floor mats
- toyota exhaust systems
- high performance catalytic converter f150
- matrix exhaust
- 2010 hyundai elantra floor mats
- high performance auto air filters
- dog suv cargo liner
- rubber mat truck bed liners