- Insulate and dissipate heat with Heatshield Products Lava Shield Mat
- Crafted from crushed volcanic rock (basalt) filament yarn
- Rated for 1200°F continuous and 2000°F intermittent use
- Reduces radiant heat up to 80%, which is a whopping 60% more than traditional ‘gold’ barriers
- Works as a radiant heat barrier or can be placed directly on heat source
- Adhesive backing sticks to almost any clean surface (not recommended for unfinished fiberglass or rough surfaces)
- Shields firewalls, hoods, body panels, floorboards, etc.
- Features a trick, carbon-fiber look
- Perfect for protecting fiberglass or carbon fiber hoods
- Can be used with less than 1” of airspace, 3/8” minimum recommended
- Choose mat rolls in either .008" or .025" thicknesses
- Proudly made in the USA
- Your Heatshield Products Lava Shield Mat is backed by a 90-day warranty
If it's good enough to create chains of pacific island paradises, it's certainly good enough handle the under-hood heat of your volcanic vehicle. We're talking about lava of course, and with Heatshield Products Lava Shield Mat, you not only get the fire-born protection born from the earth's mantle, you get a red-hot eruption of volcanic style.
Harvested from the hottest place on earth—a volcano—crushed volcanic rock is what gives Heatshield Lava Mat its magma-magnificence! This elemental base material handles super high heat, and the black carbon fiber-type weave gives your engine bay the volcanic style. So, forget about that fools ‘gold' you see stuck under the hood of lesser hot rods, your Lava Mat deflects up to 60% more heat and simply erupts with style!
Working as both a radiant heat barrier and a direct heat source insulator, your Lava heat shield is perfect for protecting fiberglass and carbon fiber hoods. It also shields firewalls, body panels, floorboards and more. The sticky adhesive backing sticks to almost any clean surface, so you can stick it anywhere you need to beat the heat. What's more, Heatshield Products backs your Lava Shield Mat with a volcanic 90-day warranty.
- Safety glasses, dust mask, gloves and long sleeves are recommended when installing your HP Heatshield Mat
Heatshield Products Lava Shield Mat Customer Reviews
5 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Todd G (ELBURN, IL) Reviewed for a 2007 Mazda RX-8 — Sep 18, 2014 1:21 PM
I can feel hot air coming from the vents of my Carbon Creation hood yet the carbon fiber feels like ambient air temp, so I would say it seems to be helping! It did want to come off in some areas so adhesive could maybe be better but instructions say to use superglue for any edges if needed.
Reviewed by Brad W (Woodstock, GA) — May 26, 2014 7:17 PM
used this product on two vehicles, a 2013 mustang and a yamaha r6 sportbike. it really stopped the heat soak to my cold air intake on the car and the heat that rolled up and beside the tank. looks and sticks good as long as you know how to prep plastic properly, works easy on metal, cuts easy with scissors and razor blades . looks good as well, worth the money and i'll be buying more. great product.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships Between 2/15 - 2/17
There are no customer reviews for this product
- heatshield products exhaust, mufflers & tips
- catalitic converter for 2007 suzuki xl7
- exhaust shield stick on
- thermal heat shield for brake lines
- bmw exhaust
- dodge diesel exhaust
- jeep headers
- long tube headers for f150
- mgb exhaust
- heat shield for 2014 acura mdx
- engine air filter
- pickup truck tonneau covers
- travel storage for suv