What to Look For in a Floor Mat
- Look for super-strong polypropylene and/or nylon yarn as opposed to natural fibers. These materials are crush & stain resistant. Stick with synthetic materials for over-all lower maintenance and better wear
- Most mats have a weight associated with fibers used in the carpet pile thickness. You’ll have your choice of mat textures that will vary depending on whether the mat is woven with 18oz-48oz fibers. Generally speaking, the higher the ounce weight, the thicker the carpet mats will be. Many factory mats use roughly 20oz fibers
Custom vs Universal Carpet Floor Mats
When shopping for floor mats, you’ll have two different fitments types to choose from, custom and universal. Here’s the difference between them:
Custom Floor Mats
- These mats are 100% made to fit your ride with no modifications. Designed to match up with your factory retention hooks and follow the specific shape of your exact year, make and model floor board
Universal Floor Mats
- Universal floor mats are designed to fit pretty much anything on the road. To do this, these mats are dimensionally smaller than custom floor mats and while they can be installed in any ride, they won’t provide as much floor protection as custom floor mats and often won’t have holes that line up with your factory retention hooks
Ready to purchase your carpet floor mats? Click here to shop our Carpet Floor Mats. Need additional information? Read on...
Color Matching Your New Floor Mats
Since every computer monitor displays colors in different hues, we highly recommend you give our sales agents a call if you want to order custom mats that exactly match your car’s interior.
Personalize Your Floor Mats
Customize your vehicle's interior with Personalized Car Mats. You can have your mats embroidered with your favorite Officially Licensed logo, name or initials in over 20 thread colors to choose from. The opportunities are endless, so don’t let your carpet mats look like the rest!
Are Carpet Mats Okay to Use on Vinyl Floors?
Unfortunately, due to the slippery nature of vinyl floors, we don’t recommend using carpet floor mats on them unless your vehicle is equipped with a floor mat retention system. If your car does not have floor posts, you may want to look into our soft rubber all-weather floor mats. These mats will provide plenty of floor protection and tend to slide less than other mats when installed over vinyl.
Be a Better Fan
- Carpet logo floor mats are available with the names, colors and logos of your favorite sports teams, so you can show support, no matter what city you drive through
- Sports mats are universally sized, great for your car, truck or RV