When you want to equip your truck with maximum front-end protection, set it up with a brush guard. Like body armor for the front of your truck, brush guards keep your headlights and grille protected from whatever may come their way. Plus, they provide a great mounting point for winches and additional lights.
The brush guard installation process will vary depending on what style you choose and the vehicle you’re installing it on. But, the guidelines below will serve as a great starting point when figuring out how to install a brush guard.
Installation Process in 7 Easy Steps
- Install the lower brackets onto the grille guard with the supplied hardware. You’ll want to install these brackets hand tight only.
- Have somebody help you lift the bar into place in front of your vehicle. Make sure it’s centered on the bumper.
- Hold the brush guard in place and have somebody mark the bumper or bumper cover. Using a grease pencil, have them trace along the outside of the brackets as well.
- Cut the marked plastic away using your die grinder and cut-off wheel. Test fit the guard again, and repeat the trim procedure until the brush bar mounts sit squarely on the frame. Mark the bolt holes.
- Drill out the bolt holes and slide a washer over each one. Then, slide the guard into the holes, slide another washer into place and install the nuts.
- Slide the top mounting brackets through your grille, lining one side up with your brush bar mount and resting the other against your radiator core support. Repeat the fitting, drilling and mounting procedure for each of the top mounts, installing each bolt hand tight.
- Torque all mount bolts in place.
What's the Right Brush Guard for You?
When it comes time to order your brush guard, take a look at our selection here at AutoAnything. We only carry the top names in the game, like Aries and Westin grille guards. And, whether you’re looking for a Honda Ridgeline brush guard, an Xterra brush guard or a Hummer H3 brush guard, you can be certain you’ll find one that fits your exact year, make and model. All of our brush guards are custom crafted for a perfect fit and an easy installation.
If you’re having a tough time choosing between an Aries grille guard or a Smittybilt bull guard, check out the grille guards and bull bars reviews on our site. We make it easy for you to compare all of the different options available. And, you can read reviews for your exact vehicle. Whether you want to learn more about brush guards for Chevy trucks, or you want to compare Jeep brush guards, you can do so on our site. Don't forget to search for our grille guards tech center to get more insightful information that you need.