- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships By 8/31
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Get backend traction you need to handle the slickest streets with the ShurTrax Traction Weight
- Built from heavy-duty 62mm poly-vinyl reinforced with woven nylon mesh
- Fill with up to 400 lbs of liquid (depending on model)
- The low-profile, exterior supports an extra 500 lbs on top so you can haul additional loads directly on the ShurTrax
- The innovative continuous outer seal is designed to let the ShurTrax freeze and is rated to temperatures as low -40°F
- Clever baffling with integrated slow-flow holes inside the ShurTrax traction system bladder safely prevents sloshing and shift
- Four, "welded-in", heavy-duty rubber grommets at the corners create secure tie-down points
- Easy to fill and drain for storage - ShurTrax features a pull-out spout with a universal-fit garden hose adaptor
- Optional Field Repair Kit makes patching leaks simple & includes 6 rubber tarp straps to secure the system
- Your ShurTrax traction system is backed by a 3-year warranty
Need traction? ShurTrax Traction Weight is the heavy-duty friend you can count on. Unlike damaging cinderblocks, sliding sandbags or giant shifting boulders, ShurTrax Traction Weight stays in position to securely weigh down your rear wheels without damaging your truck bed.
The heavy-duty poly-vinyl bladder holds up to 400 lbs of liquid, giving you the right amount of traction. Reinforced with woven nylon mesh, ShurTrax has durability you can depend on. Going to hill country with a big load? The low-profile exterior and sturdy build of ShurTrax lets you load up to 500 extra lbs directly on top, giving you the freedom to do those big jobs with confidence.
And don't sweat icy weather—ShurTrax is designed to freeze without sloshing or shifting. It's equipped with four solid brass grommets for fast and secure tie-down points. Easy to fill and drain for storage, you can use ShurTrax when you need it and store it when you don't. Count on ShurTrax to keep you on track. Backed by a 3-year warranty.
- For extra detailed information and answers about the ShurTrax, check out the frequently asked questions in our Detailed Info tab above.
ShurTrax Traction Weight Customer Reviews
106 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Vonnie S (Seymour, TN) Reviewed for a 2015 Toyota Tacoma — Feb 10, 2015 3:40 AM
It was very easy to install and to fill. I can really feel the difference in driving with it. I can't wait to really try it in the snow.
Reviewed by Kenney M (SALISBURY, MD) Reviewed for a 1977 GMC C/K Pickup — Jan 30, 2015 11:41 AM
Works very well. Easy to install. Had to use non-supplied bungee cords to keep in in place.
Reviewed by Thomas B (Amarillo, TX) Reviewed for a 2014 Toyota Tundra — Jan 15, 2015 6:37 AM
I assist Sheriff's office doing ESU (emergency service unit). During recent snowstorms, I was able to navigate to and from scenes much, much easier because of the extra weight. Doesn't take anytime at all to fill up and after securing it...I was good to go. Good idea and great product!
Reviewed by david m (Mitchell, SD) Reviewed for a 2000 Chevy S10 Pickup — Dec 19, 2014 6:20 PM
this is the third one I have bought for my third truck. love them all. really helped me this week as we had an ice storm.
Reviewed by Chad J (CINCINNATI, OH) — Dec 18, 2014 8:47 AM
There is a noticeable difference immediately after installation. My truck handles turns, acceleration and braking better in adverse weather and feels more stable overall. This is a great product and well worth the price. The only negatives i would say is that it didn't come with the straps (which I think should be included in the price) and when I went to loosen the water valve cap, one of the handles broke off. Aside from that I would definitely recommend this product, especially in the winter