- Reign in how fast your tailgate drops with the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist
- Custom designed to work in tandem with your factory tailgate hardware
- Keeps your tailgate from slamming down on your bumper and fingers
- Built tough to withstand constant use and punishing abuse
- Installs in minutes with no drilling required
- All hardware included- Mounts to driver's side of tailgate
- Only one (1) Tailgate Assist required per vehicle
- Dee Zee backs your Tailgate Assist with a 3-year warranty
Whether your pickup is fresh off the dealership lot or a little long in the tooth, its tailgate is likely suffering from an age-old problem: premature opening. You know the symptoms. Every time you pull the handle, it crashes down against your bumper, your fingers or your Weimaraner's skull. To cure what ails your truck, install the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist and never fear a slamming tailgate again.
As simple as it is genius, the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist adds a heavy-duty shock absorber to your stock tailgate hardware. Every time you open up your tailgate, the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist is there to control how fast it drops. And, unlike those flimsy screen-door shock absorbers, Dee Zee uses only premium components that can withstand constant use and abuse.
You and your drill might be best friends, but you won't have to dust it off to install the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist. All mounting hardware is included and completely custom designed to bolt into place and play nice with your stock hardware. There's no need to order two- just one Dee Zee Tailgate Assist mounted on the driver's side is enough to control your wayward tailgate. And, the Dee Zee Tailgate Lift Assist is backed by a 3-year warranty.
Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Customer Reviews
927 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by WILLIAM G (ORMOND BEACH, FL) Reviewed for a 2015 Chevy Silverado — Thursday at 7:10 AM
The clearcut directions made it very easy to install and took a lot of weight off when lifting and lowering the tailgate.
Reviewed by Carolyn H (Winchester, VA) Reviewed for a 2013 GMC Sierra — Jun 23, 2015 5:24 AM
The tail gate assist is really a saver. It keeps your tail gate from banging when opening. I have had three different p/ups, and have installed this item on all of them. Total time about 15 minutes.
- Ships By 6/30
- What Do You Drive?