- Reign in how fast your tailgate drops with the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist
- Custom designed to work in tandem with your factory tailgate hardware
- Keeps your tailgate from slamming down on your bumper and fingers
- Built tough to withstand constant use and punishing abuse
- Installs in minutes with no drilling required
- All hardware included- Mounts to driver's side of tailgate
- Only one (1) Tailgate Assist required per vehicle
- Dee Zee backs your Tailgate Assist with a 3-year warranty
Whether your pickup is fresh off the dealership lot or a little long in the tooth, its tailgate is likely suffering from an age-old problem: premature opening. You know the symptoms. Every time you pull the handle, it crashes down against your bumper, your fingers or your Weimaraner's skull. To cure what ails your truck, install the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist and never fear a slamming tailgate again.
As simple as it is genius, the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist adds a heavy-duty shock absorber to your stock tailgate hardware. Every time you open up your tailgate, the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist is there to control how fast it drops. And, unlike those flimsy screen-door shock absorbers, Dee Zee uses only premium components that can withstand constant use and abuse.
You and your drill might be best friends, but you won't have to dust it off to install the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist. All mounting hardware is included and completely custom designed to bolt into place and play nice with your stock hardware. There's no need to order two- just one Dee Zee Tailgate Assist mounted on the driver's side is enough to control your wayward tailgate. And, the Dee Zee Tailgate Lift Assist is backed by a 3-year warranty.
Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Customer Reviews
1006 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Lester B (BRUNSWICK, GA) Reviewed for a 2003 Dodge Ram — Thursday at 8:17 AM
The replacement stud is too long & washer is too thick for my truck had to install a thinner washer and file off side of gas shock to stop binding when tailgate was closed.
Reviewed by James C (Moberly, MO) Reviewed for a 2015 Dodge Ram — Nov 15, 2015 11:16 AM
The tailgate assist was pretty easy to install will recommend it if you have a heavy tailgate it is ez to install this. It only took me around 15 minutes to install this. The instruction were simple to follow.
Ships By 11/25
- What Do You Drive?
There are no customer reviews for this product
- auto anythink deezee truck bed mats
- husky 5th wheel tailgate
- stainless steel fifth wheel tailgates
- tailgate gasket
- nissan camper shell
- ford pickup ramps
- ford truck cargo net
- camper shell tacoma
- chevy avalanche bed cap
- tailgate for dodge ram 1500
- truck bed rails covers
- car custom floor mats
- suv pet cargo liner