How to Install Fog Lights on a Honda Civic (2007 body)
This video depicts Spyder Fog Lights being installed on a 4-door 2007 Honda Civic. Although this video is representative of most vehicles, the installation process may vary slightly for your particular vehicle.
- Pop open your hood.
- Remove the plastic tabs holding down your radiator cover. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the two tabs in the front-middle. For the side tabs, use a panel popper to prevent breaking the tabs.
- Gently remove the radiator cover and set it aside.
- Remove grill bolts (two bolts - one each on the right and the left sides of grill area) using an Allen wrench.
- Remove the screws on each side of the car that connect the far-end of the bumper.
- Remove the plastic tabs under the bumper (around 10 tabs total). Once all tabs are removed, pull off the bumper.
- Unplug the fog light from the power terminal.
- Unscrew the fog light from its housing.
- Push current fog light toward the middle and it will slide out of the bumper.
- To install the new light, slide it through the front of the bumper, lining up the outer slots.
- Push to lock everything in place. Replace screw.
- Turn on the lights to ensure functionality.
- Repeat steps 7-11 on the other side.
- Replace your bumper by repeating disassembly steps in reverse order.
- Comfortable with moving any existing vehicle components to access the upgrade area
- Access to and capability of using any necessary tools or equipment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the parts you’re upgrading
Common Tools Needed
- Allen wrench
- Panel popper
- Phillips and flathead screwdriver