Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror
- Ships By 3/02
- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- The Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror provides ultimate safety and convenience
- Built-in LCD monitor displays a bright, high-res image
- Chose from the 2.4" or 3.5" display
- Rearview camera image appears when you shift into reverse
- LCD is invisible in drive or neutral
- Full auto-dimming capability
- Works with most wired reverse cameras (sold separately)
- Installation of this windshield-mounted mirror's electronic components requires some hard wiring. Wiring experience or professional installation recommended
- Your Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror is backed by a 3 year/36,000-mile warranty
Sometimes, extra safety can be hokey or cumbersome. Other times, it can be as cool as it is critical.
Introducing the Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror: the intuitive way to add backup camera safety to your vehicle. The Rearview Camera Display Mirror is available with a bold 2.4" or 3.5" LCD monitor built right into the mirror. Finally, the world behind your ride can be in full-view without having to clumsily look down at a separate monitor.
Shift into reverse, and the Rearview Camera Display Mirror shows a bright, high-res image. Shift into drive, and the LCD can't be seen, thanks to revolutionary coating and lighting technology. And, you get full auto-dimming capability too.
The Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror works great with any backup camera. Installation is on-par with adding a new stereo-great for experienced DIY-ers. Or, you can always opt for a professional job. Either way, trick safety isn't hard to get with the Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror.
- Backup Camera Safety: the Gentex Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror is meant to provide extra safety in addition to using your regular side-view and rearview mirrors. It does not replace standard driving safety rules and practices.
- Rearview Camera Display Use: the Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror is designed only for backup camera display use. Do not use for other purposes.
Gentex Rearview Camera Display Mirror Customer Reviews
9 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Kenneth R (Berthoud, CO) Reviewed for a 2005 Chrysler 300 — Feb 23, 2012 7:56 AM
The wiring diagram appeared to be done by a high school student. It was incomplete, misleading and confusing. Without the internet to help there is no possible way to figure out what the wires should be connected to. There is no explaination for what the miniture switch is for, that has two wire coming out of it. It's anybody's guess whether it should be switched or not. Does everybody know what a reverse trigger is. It doesn't say to hook it to plus or minus 12V or even what it should be hooked to. In summary the installation instructions are horrible. Routing the wires was a nightmare without the cars service manual. The internet is your only hope of ever doing the installation yourself.
Reviewed by Steve B (Gladewater, TX) Reviewed for a 2011 Ford Focus — Jan 05, 2012 8:35 PM
Installed the Gentex / Camera Mirror in a Ford Focus. Looks and works great! Very well made and this the second Gentex mirror I've bought.
Reviewed by Leman M (Saint Paul, MN) Reviewed for a 2010 Ford Edge — Jan 01, 2012 7:00 AM
The mirror was advertised as being specifically for the Ford Edge, but it does not include the compass built into the Ford Edge mirror. You will loss that functionality if you install this product.
Reviewed by dale h (Annville, PA) Reviewed for a 2004 Ford F-150 — Apr 13, 2010 1:24 PM
Great mirror, display is extremely clear. Instructions could be a little more detailed. Installation of the mirror and a boyo rearview camera took about an hour and a half.
Reviewed by Karen S (Bloomfield Hills, MI) Reviewed for a 2007 Acura MDX — Jan 19, 2010 5:41 AM
Great mirror, works great & clarity is awesome! Tricky to install on my Acura MDX. Doesn't "pop into place" like some cars -- had to take it to a glass installer to have it mounted (immediately to the right) of my factory-installed mirror mounting piece. Now that it is in, it looks gorgeous & it was worth the extra hassle.