- The K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror reduces eyestrain and driver fatigue
- High-tech sensors and advanced circuitry recognizes and eliminates dangerous rear-approaching light
- The K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror is equipped with a self-calibrating digital compass
- Comes complete with detailed installation instructions and all mounting hardware
- Installation of this windshield-mounted mirror's electronic components requires some hard wiring (see Installation Guide tab for details) - wiring experience or professional installation recommended
- Available with the optional Gentex Wire Cover for the most professional-looking installation that conceals loose wires (not necessary for all vehicles—see note below)
- Your Gentex K5 Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror is backed by a 3-year / 36,000 mile warranty
The Gentex K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror senses dangerous rear-approaching light and automatically eliminates it with its "intelligent" circuitry saving your vital night driving vision. And, less glare means less eyestrain and driver fatigue.
What's more, the K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror comes with a self-calibrating digital display compass. You'll always know which direction you're headed thanks to the eight directional readouts (N, NW, W SW, S, SE, E and NE).
The windshield-mounted mirror comes complete with detailed installation instructions and all necessary hardware - perfect for the experienced do-it-yourselfer or professional installer with some wiring required. And, the Gentex Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror comes with 3-year / 36, 000 mile warranty.
- Installation of the mirror's electronic components requires some hard wiring (see Installation Guide tab for details)
- The Gentex Wire Cover is highly recommended if there is 3" or more space between your mirror and the headliner. It conceals otherwise loose and visible wires running to the mirror. Select this part under "optional accessories" above.
Gentex K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror w/Compass Customer Reviews
34 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Jacquelyn N (GOLDEN, CO) Reviewed for a 2006 Toyota 4Runner — Mar 16, 2015 3:16 PM
I was looking to upgrade my rear view mirror to one with a compass, as I already have a thermometer in my car. This Gentex mirror is great and is of high quality material. It was easy to order sine they included all the necessary parts for installation. Installing it was not difficult and only took about 20-25 minutes. It worked right away and has been great since.
Reviewed by Joe B (CHICAGO, IL) Reviewed for a 2008 Subaru Forester — Dec 01, 2014 8:24 AM
This was purchased for a client. Every thing works well & looks great, but the removal of the original mirror bracket to the windshield was a nightmare and an average person would either break the windshield or would not be able to install. An adaptor kit or proper info on this condition is a must!!!
Reviewed by Mark L (Homer Glen, IL) Reviewed for a 2008 Toyota RAV4 — Nov 19, 2013 5:54 AM
The Gentex K5 replaced the lame OEM manual day/night mirror. The mount used the existing windshield based and fit properly. Like others mentioned, a switched positive and negative leads were found in the sunroof console bundle and the provided wiring was spliced-in. This made the installation less painful than stringing leads under the dash. The mirror did not require any compass calibration, the display was proper once powered up.
Reviewed by geary s (EDGEWATER, FL) Reviewed for a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix — May 02, 2013 2:05 PM
As Advertised, looks good works fine had it professionally installed. very pleased with this product
Ships By 10/12
- What Do You Drive?