- The K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror reduces eyestrain and driver fatigue
- High-tech sensors and advanced circuitry recognizes and eliminates dangerous rear-approaching light
- The K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror is equipped with a self-calibrating digital compass
- Comes complete with detailed installation instructions and all mounting hardware
- Installation of this windshield-mounted mirror's electronic components requires some hard wiring (see Installation Guide tab for details) - wiring experience or professional installation recommended
- Available with the optional Gentex Wire Cover for the most professional-looking installation that conceals loose wires (not necessary for all vehicles—see note below)
- Your Gentex K5 Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror is backed by a 3-year / 36,000 mile warranty
The Gentex K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror senses dangerous rear-approaching light and automatically eliminates it with its "intelligent" circuitry saving your vital night driving vision. And, less glare means less eyestrain and driver fatigue.
What's more, the K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror comes with a self-calibrating digital display compass. You'll always know which direction you're headed thanks to the eight directional readouts (N, NW, W SW, S, SE, E and NE).
The windshield-mounted mirror comes complete with detailed installation instructions and all necessary hardware - perfect for the experienced do-it-yourselfer or professional installer with some wiring required. And, the Gentex Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror comes with 3-year / 36, 000 mile warranty.
- Installation of the mirror's electronic components requires some hard wiring (see Installation Guide tab for details)
- The Gentex Wire Cover is highly recommended if there is 3" or more space between your mirror and the headliner. It conceals otherwise loose and visible wires running to the mirror. Select this part under "optional accessories" above.
Gentex K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror w/Compass Customer Reviews
32 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Mark L (Homer Glen, IL) Reviewed for a 2008 Toyota RAV4 — Nov 19, 2013 5:54 AM
The Gentex K5 replaced the lame OEM manual day/night mirror. The mount used the existing windshield based and fit properly. Like others mentioned, a switched positive and negative leads were found in the sunroof console bundle and the provided wiring was spliced-in. This made the installation less painful than stringing leads under the dash. The mirror did not require any compass calibration, the display was proper once powered up.
Reviewed by geary s (EDGEWATER, FL) Reviewed for a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix — May 02, 2013 2:05 PM
As Advertised, looks good works fine had it professionally installed. very pleased with this product
Reviewed by David H (Elmhurst, IL) Reviewed for a 2011 Toyota Highlander — Mar 16, 2012 4:36 AM
The mirror was relatively easy to install and works great. I wired the mirror to the overhead console in my Toyota Highlander rather than back to the driver's side footwell. I found these installation instructions online. Other than the adjustment pivot being a bit tight (I ended up greasing it), the mirror works great. I do recommend purchasing the optional wire cover.
Reviewed by barbara s (Wayne, NJ) Reviewed for a 1997 Lincoln Continental — Feb 21, 2012 3:21 AM
I have taken this mirror to 5 repair shops who WILL NOT instal it! The reason for this is because while your literature says it is a replacement part it is more than just that. It is entirely different from the original mirror. While the original equipment mirror has a 'pod', yours does not. That in itself is not a problem for me per se. Just so long as your mirror would have done the job in an updated version without the 'pod'. The budget buster here is the cost for labor to remove the headliner, the pillar cover and the door sill panel to replace the existing wiring for yours. The well qualified shops simply do not want to disassemble the car in order to replace the wiring you require to be modified. These repair facilties include 3 general service shops, one auto glass shop, and a high end body shop! Their concern is centered on doing damage to the quality Lincoln interior parts. The thing that we all agree on is, that the wiring modification as the instructions explain is not a good idea when a differnt connector at the window where the mirror mounts would suffice instead. I want my money back because I went to pep boys and bought a $15.00 mirror without the features I really wanted instead in your poduct, ie auto dim, compass.
Gentex K5 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror w/Compass
- Ships By 12/01
- What Do You Drive?
There are no customer reviews for this product
Get it for the Holidays!
U.S. shipments only. Excludes AK and HI.
- gentex mirrors
- extended rear view mirror
- whipple supercharger
- corsa exhaust
- carmats for subaru
- aftermarket rear view mirrors
- kia rear view mirror
- 1998 lincoln continental rear view mirror
- 2000 buick regal rear view mirror
- audi a4 rear view mirror
- customized car mats
- are truck covers
- pickup bed liner