- Scale the rear of your rig for fast cargo access with the Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step
- Custom sized for a perfect fit on your pickup
- Spring-loaded design—pulls down 6" when you need it, flips up when you don't
- Your Bestop TrekStep mounts off-center, so it works with your tailgate door open or closed
- Constructed from strapping aluminum and supports up to 300 lbs
- Textured step surface for sure footing
- Easy, bolt-on installation with no drilling needed
- 12.5" wide for ample stepping space
- Bestop backs your TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step with a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty
Nothing puts a crick in your back and a pain in your knee like climbing in and out of your pickup's bed, especially when you're making multiple trips. Instead of putting your body through the ringer, give yourself a big boost with the Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step. This ingenious tailgate step is spring loaded, dropping down 6" when you need it and tucking up under your bumper when you don't.
Whether you're hoisting hay bales into your payload or simply reaching for the cooler, your Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step is sturdy enough to handle any task. This pickup truck tailgate step is forged from heavy-duty aluminum with cast aluminum brackets, giving it enough muscle to shoulder up to 300 lbs of dead weight. Plus, the step surface is coated with a non-slip texture for sure footing even in foul weather.
Best of all, your Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step mounts on the side of your rig, so you can use it with your tailgate door open or closed. And, it's custom designed for a fast, no-drill install—10 minutes with a wrench is all it takes. You also get a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty with your retractable truck step.
Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step Customer Reviews
95 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Dave C (JEANNETTE, PA) Reviewed for a 2014 Ford F-150 — Feb 20, 2015 4:26 AM
It is right where you need it when you need it but never in the way. makes getting in and out of the truck bed not only easy but safe. No chance of a blown knee jumping to the ground. As I get older this saves my knees crawling onto the bed. Must have accessory. Adds no weight and keeps the tailgate clear, unlike the bulky factory ladders etc. Must have. Installs on existing factory fender studs in under 10 minutes. Take two nuts off, slip on assembled step and reinstall the two nuts.
Reviewed by Brian M (BURLINGTON, MA) Reviewed for a 2013 GMC Sierra — Feb 16, 2015 7:01 AM
I just installed it a few weeks ago and seems to work and function well. The only complaint was trying to get to the top bolt and then removing the 22M socket. Which I actually left up in there and will need to go back at a another time to retrieve it. You have to pry a piece of the bed sheet metal (rib) with a pretty heavy bar in order to remove the socket. Brian
Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step
- Ships Between 3/26 - 3/30
- What Do You Drive?