- Scale the rear of your rig for fast cargo access with the Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step
- Custom sized for a perfect fit on your pickup
- Spring-loaded design—pulls down 6" when you need it, flips up when you don't
- Your Bestop TrekStep mounts off-center, so it works with your tailgate door open or closed
- Constructed from strapping aluminum and supports up to 300 lbs
- Textured step surface for sure footing
- Easy, bolt-on installation with no drilling needed
- 12.5" wide for ample stepping space
- Bestop backs your TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step with a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty
Nothing puts a crick in your back and a pain in your knee like climbing in and out of your pickup's bed, especially when you're making multiple trips. Instead of putting your body through the ringer, give yourself a big boost with the Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step. This ingenious tailgate step is spring loaded, dropping down 6" when you need it and tucking up under your bumper when you don't.
Whether you're hoisting hay bales into your payload or simply reaching for the cooler, your Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step is sturdy enough to handle any task. This pickup truck tailgate step is forged from heavy-duty aluminum with cast aluminum brackets, giving it enough muscle to shoulder up to 300 lbs of dead weight. Plus, the step surface is coated with a non-slip texture for sure footing even in foul weather.
Best of all, your Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step mounts on the side of your rig, so you can use it with your tailgate door open or closed. And, it's custom designed for a fast, no-drill install—10 minutes with a wrench is all it takes. You also get a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty with your retractable truck step.
Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step Customer Reviews
81 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Derek D (Paw Paw, MI) Reviewed for a 2014 Ford F-150 — Oct 13, 2014 7:15 AM
Ford wants around 1K for the tailgate step option. The truck I bought didn't have it so I purchased the Bestop. It installed in about 15 minutes and is barely visible when retracted. It works very well & I'd recommend it to anyone. The only change I made was to use stainless bolts instead of the ones provided.
Reviewed by Spencer B (Helotes, TX) Reviewed for a 2014 Toyota Tundra — Jul 18, 2014 9:01 AM
Harder to install than the instructions say especially since they are unclear on some things. I installed it on my 2014 Tundra. Took about an hour. Works great though.
Bestop TrekStep Retractable Tailgate Step
- Ships Between 12/31 - 1/05
- What Do You Drive?