- Frequently hailed as the best detector in the world, the Escort 8500 X50 Radar Detector boasts the widest range on the market
- The Escort 8500 X50 provides advance warning of police K, Ka, X, Laser (Lidar) and POP (instant-on) methods
- VG-2 "detector detector" invisible
- The Escort 8500 X50 is equipped with advanced programming to virtually eliminate false alarms
- Advanced reprogrammable microprocessor accepts updates for new police radar and laser detection methods
- Ultra-bright matrix display is equipped with dimmer control for discreet night use
- Clear audio alarm is equipped with full volume control, auto-mute modes and a built-in headphone jack
- 3 display modes: standard bar graph, ExpertMeter for displaying up to 8 modes simultaneously, and SpecDisplay for showing actual signal frequency
- The Escort 8500 X50 Radar Detector is also available with a more economical red display
- Includes a windshield mount, smart cord 12v charger and travel case
- Your Escort 8500 X50 Radar Detector carries a 1-year warranty
Arm yourself with the unit that's the undisputed champ of radar detectors. Often labeled the best detector in the world, the Escort 8500 X50 Radar Detector showcases the widest range on the market-consistently providing advance warning from beyond 2½ miles to the radar source and giving you time to slow down.
To protect you from the latest police speed technology, the Escort 8500 X50 provides 360° coverage against all radar and laser detectors. Plus, it's equipped with detection modes for tricky police POP and instant-on radar. And, the Escort 8500 X50's new microprocessor can be reprogrammed with coverage against future detector technology.
In addition to incredible range, The Escort 8500 X50 boasts advanced programming that virtually eliminates false alarms. You also get state-of-the-art easy controls for customizing alert volume, display brightness and more. And, your Escort 8500 X50 Radar Detector carries a 1-year warranty.
- Sorry, state and local laws prohibit AutoAnything from shipping radar detectors to Virginia and Washington D.C.
Escort 8500 X50 Radar Detector Customer Reviews
60 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Lan B (PORT ORCHARD, WA) Reviewed for a 2005 Subaru Legacy — Jan 12, 2014 10:09 PM
Easy to use, hook up, plug in and your set to go. Have not had it long enough to give it a thorough examination but so far I have had a great piece of mind getting down the highway.
Reviewed by Millard C (Niles, OH) Reviewed for a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser — Aug 13, 2013 10:02 PM
This radar is awesome I have the 9500 also but this one is just as good in my opinion and it is also easier to program compared to the 9500. SET IT AND FORGET it let the radar do the work. This radar is very powerful and diff worth the money might seem a little expensive but it pays for its self in the long run. I love this radar I hope that you guys will say the same when it's in your vehicle.
Reviewed by Tom G (Austin, TX) Reviewed for a 2010 Chevy Camaro — Mar 14, 2013 8:34 AM
I've used older escort models for years and decided to upgrade as a Christmas present to myself :-) Although it is not the top of the line it has many nice features and is still one of the best at doing what you need it to do. You wont be disappointed with this unit and Autoanything as usual will get you the best price. They definitely did for me.
Reviewed by Harold M (KATY, TX) Reviewed for a 2012 Ford F-250 — Mar 09, 2013 7:18 PM
This is my first Escort. I made a 600 mile trip across Texas today. It was drizzling across San Antonio to Kerrville. The smokeys were out and I had ample warning. I will recommend it.
Escort 8500 X50 Radar Detector
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships By 2/26