- Get loaded with the biggest rooftop cargo carrier around—the Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier
- 100% Waterproof with Dual Seam Technology - Sewn for Strength/Welded Waterproof
- Works with or without roof racks—includes 4 nylon straps
- Gargantuan 18 cubic ft of cargo-carrying capacity holds everything you need
- Top unzips three-quarters of the way around for easy gear access
- Vehicles without racks can also use the optional Car Clip (sold separately)
- Urethane coated ZipRight zipper system for smooth zipping
- Crafted from super-durable PVC Mesh - a nylon re-enforced PVC and Hydrotuff Material - a PVC-backed polyester
- Boasts a whopping 48" L x 40" W footprint
- Measures 14” high in front, 19” high in back to boost aerodynamics
- Click Here for Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Your Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier carries a 1-year warranty
Hit the road with all your gear in tow-and we mean ALL your gear. The 18 cubic ft Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier is the Godzilla of roof top cargo bags, holding more gear and equipment than you may even need. But hey, it's not always about needs!
Crafted of PVC Mesh and Hydrotuff fabric and equipped with Rightline's urethane coated ZipRight zipper system, your Sport 3 Car Top Carrier is built for the long haul. Plus, the protective storm flap system keeps the weather out and your cargo in.
The bag's top unzips 3/4 of the way around which means the cavernous jaws open wide for easy loading and unloading. And, since Rightline Gear crafts the Sport 3 with economy in mind, the massive size won't consume your budget Best yet, RightlineGear backs your Sport 3 Car Top Carrier with a 1-year warranty.
Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier Customer Reviews
136 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Rick G (Wayne, PA) Reviewed for a 2013 Toyota Venza — Oct 15, 2015 5:47 AM
Good quality and great capacity. Our challeng was that the matching "strap hooks" by Rightline did absolutely NOT fit on our Toyota Venza. As we learned this the day of departure, we had to improvise by tying straps to the interior handles on the inside roof of the vehicle. Not ideal! The roof pad also bunched as it slid back from the front of the carrier in travel wind. We were disappointed as Rightline assures the hooks are essentially "universal" in fit, which was NOT true for our vehicle.
Reviewed by Robert B (Cary, NC) — Sep 01, 2015 1:56 PM
Did not take any chances and drove at no more than 70 mph....make sure that you fill every bit of the carrier as it will prevent it from flapping. Took a test run before the 13 hour trip without it fully packed and the flapping noise was deafening. Packed it up some more and filled all of the loose spaces....night and day.
Reviewed by Alison J (MARRIOTTSVILLE, MD) Reviewed for a 2013 GMC Acadia — Sep 01, 2015 5:51 AM
I could not believe how much this carrier held (three suitcases - 2 medium 1 small - 2 stuffed beach bags, 2 tennis racquets, 4 boogie boards, a soccer ball, and a few random small bags), I am a single mom and was able to attach it myself and get it very tight with absolutely no movement while driving on I-95 for 10 hours up and back. The ONLY issue I had - and the reason for the 4 stars on quality - is that the velcro on on the rear end did rip away from the bag in one area. HIGHLY recommend.
Reviewed by Eric B (Warren, NJ) — Aug 27, 2015 4:24 AM
It's a good product that's constructed well against the elements. It's easy to install and stow away. Note: The carrier is unstructured so you have to load items towards the from and put a filler behind it such as blanket or towels. Also, the carrier tended to slide backwards due to shifting and wind (my setup rested on the roof) so a skid resistant mat would help, appox. $20. For added security, use a lightweight cable lock that threads through the zipper pulls and secures to roof rack.
Reviewed by Donna H (OSGOOD, IN) Reviewed for a 2008 Saturn Outlook — Aug 18, 2015 6:54 PM
Purchased to have additional storage to move our daughter to another state for college. Purchased the non-skid pad with this and it stayed in place the entire 1000+ miles for the trip. Wish we would have had sooner, could have put a lot more in it than we did!
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Get a Free Rightline Gear Security Cable Lock With Purchase - A $24.95 Value!
Ships By 12/01
There are no customer reviews for this product
Get it for the Holidays!
U.S. shipments only. Excludes AK and HI.