- Get loaded with the biggest rooftop cargo carrier around—the Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier
- 100% Waterproof with Dual Seam Technology - Sewn for Strength/Welded Waterproof
- Works with or without roof racks—includes 4 nylon straps
- Gargantuan 18 cubic ft of cargo-carrying capacity holds everything you need
- Top unzips three-quarters of the way around for easy gear access
- Vehicles without racks can also use the optional Car Clip (sold separately)
- Urethane coated ZipRight zipper system for smooth zipping
- Crafted from super-durable PVC Mesh - a nylon re-enforced PVC and Hydrotuff Material - a PVC-backed polyester
- Boasts a whopping 48" L x 40" W footprint
- Measures 14” high in front, 19” high in back to boost aerodynamics
- Click Here for Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Your Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier carries a 1-year warranty
Hit the road with all your gear in tow-and we mean ALL your gear. The 18 cubic ft Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier is the Godzilla of roof top cargo bags, holding more gear and equipment than you may even need. But hey, it's not always about needs!
Crafted of PVC Mesh and Hydrotuff fabric and equipped with Rightline's urethane coated ZipRight zipper system, your Sport 3 Car Top Carrier is built for the long haul. Plus, the protective storm flap system keeps the weather out and your cargo in.
The bag's top unzips 3/4 of the way around which means the cavernous jaws open wide for easy loading and unloading. And, since Rightline Gear crafts the Sport 3 with economy in mind, the massive size won't consume your budget Best yet, RightlineGear backs your Sport 3 Car Top Carrier with a 1-year warranty.
Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier Customer Reviews
138 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Ernie L (MALDEN, MA) Reviewed for a 2014 Ford Escape — Jan 16, 2016 9:54 AM
this is is the best roof carrier that is on the market. easy to mount on your roof and has plenty of room . Drove threw 2 days of rain and nothing got wet . Will be buying another one for our sons car.
Reviewed by Tommy R (SAINT CLOUD, FL) Reviewed for a 2013 BMW X1 — Dec 31, 2015 2:56 PM
Drove from FL or LA this year for Christmas. Thank god we only had mostly our clothes in the bag and only a few of the presents. The side of the bag shredded and let water in. The damage ended up being some of the boxes for the christmas presents which had to be removed from the box and wrapped as if they were second hand items. The clothes we were able to wash and dry and were fine. I installed the bag in between the roof rails strapped down on both the sides and the front.
Reviewed by Rick G (Wayne, PA) Reviewed for a 2013 Toyota Venza — Oct 15, 2015 5:47 AM
Good quality and great capacity. Our challeng was that the matching "strap hooks" by Rightline did absolutely NOT fit on our Toyota Venza. As we learned this the day of departure, we had to improvise by tying straps to the interior handles on the inside roof of the vehicle. Not ideal! The roof pad also bunched as it slid back from the front of the carrier in travel wind. We were disappointed as Rightline assures the hooks are essentially "universal" in fit, which was NOT true for our vehicle.
Reviewed by Robert B (Cary, NC) — Sep 01, 2015 1:56 PM
Did not take any chances and drove at no more than 70 mph....make sure that you fill every bit of the carrier as it will prevent it from flapping. Took a test run before the 13 hour trip without it fully packed and the flapping noise was deafening. Packed it up some more and filled all of the loose spaces....night and day.
Reviewed by Alison J (MARRIOTTSVILLE, MD) Reviewed for a 2013 GMC Acadia — Sep 01, 2015 5:51 AM
I could not believe how much this carrier held (three suitcases - 2 medium 1 small - 2 stuffed beach bags, 2 tennis racquets, 4 boogie boards, a soccer ball, and a few random small bags), I am a single mom and was able to attach it myself and get it very tight with absolutely no movement while driving on I-95 for 10 hours up and back. The ONLY issue I had - and the reason for the 4 stars on quality - is that the velcro on on the rear end did rip away from the bag in one area. HIGHLY recommend.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships By 2/15