- Pack your surfboard or stand-up paddleboard into your pickup for safe travels with the Thule Surfboard Tailgate Pad
- Gives you far greater board protection than simply laying a towel over your tailgate
- Built from high-density foam stitched into UV-safe fabric
- Latches right to your tailgate in minutes
- Integrated strap secures one end of your board to the Thule Surfboard Tailgate Pad (additional tie-down straps for your board’s other end sold separately)
- 18” wide
- Your Thule Surfboard Tailgate Pad is backed by Lifetime Warranty
Your truck's payload has plenty of room for carting around your long board, but the ride isn't exactly gentle. One good pothole is all it takes to create a major crack, and that's a one-way ticket to a waterlogged board. For maximum protection while you're driving to and from the shore, equip your pickup with the Thule Surfboard Tailgate Pad.
Unlike a sandy towel draped over the side of your bed, the Thule Surfboard Tailgate Pad adds a thick cushion that caresses your wave carver. It's overstuffed with high-density foam padding that absorbs every bump, knock and thump. Plus, the padding is stitched into UV-safe fabric that won't fade even when left out in the sun.
Installing the Thule Surfboard Tailgate Pad is easier than tying your shoes. Simply run the straps around your tailgate, cinch them down and tighten the nose strap to the board. Voila—you're ready to make a run to your favorite break. Measuring in at 18" wide, the Surfboard Tailgate Pad is big enough to handle almost any surfboard or stand-up paddleboard. And, it's backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Thule Surfboard Tailgate Pad Customer Reviews
2 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by charles s (ORMOND BEACH, FL) Reviewed for a 2015 GMC Canyon — Jul 23, 2015 6:17 AM
It's a well made tailgate pad but a couple things could be changed to make it even better. 1)The straps that attach around the tailgate are kinda tricky. The pad has to be put on with the tailgate down and the outside strap (the longer of the 2) is tough to feed thru the gap. Way easier as a 2 person job.If the straps were reversed it would be better. 2)I use it for and 11'6" SUP so the board is way wider resting on the pad than a surfboard. As a result the "hold" strap is barely long enough and again tricky to feed thru the holding mechanism. However this strap is replaceable so i can fix it myself with a trip to Home Depot i think. Other than that it serves the purpose well of protecting the board and tailgate!
Reviewed by Paul S (BELVEDERE TIBURON, CA) Reviewed for a 2013 Toyota Tacoma — Aug 22, 2013 10:16 AM
Easy to install, secured my two longboards to the back of the tailgate...zero slippage on a two+ hour drive. Product works as advertised. Thanks Thule!
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 9/01 - 9/03