- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Get it for the Holidays!
U.S. shipments only. Excludes AK and HI.
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Load up the perfect sized rooftop cargo carrier—the Rightline Gear Sport 1 Car Top Carrier
- 100% Waterproof with Dual Seam Technology - Sewn for Strength/Welded Waterproof
- Works with or without roof racks—includes 4 nylon straps
- Ample 12 cubic ft of cargo capacity packs everything you need
- Top unzips three-quarters of the way around for easy gear access
- Vehicles without racks can also use the optional Car Clip
- Urethane coated ZipRight zipper system for smooth zipping
- Integrated storm flaps keep your gear dry
- Crafted from super-durable PVC Mesh - a nylon re-enforced PVC and Hydrotuff Material - a PVC-backed polyester
- Measures 14” high in front, 19” high in back to boost aerodynamics
- Click Here for Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Your Rightline Gear Sport 1 Car Top Carrier carries a 1-year warranty
Hit the road with the perfectly-sized Rightline Gear Sport 1 Car Top Carrier. With 12 cubic ft of cargo space, the Sport 1 Car Top Carrier is sized just right-not too big, not too small. Designed to fit everything from small compacts to large SUVs, the Sport 1 just screams versatility.
Crafted of PVC-backed Hydrotuff fabric and equipped with Rightline Gear's urethane coated ZipRight zipper system, your Sport 1 Car Top Carrier is built for years of use. Plus, the protective storm flap system keeps the weather out and your cargo high & dry.
The bag's top unzips 3/4 of the way around which means the lid opens wide for easy loading and cargo access. And, since Rightline Gear crafts the Sport 1 with your budget in mind, you'll have some cash left over for snacks and gas. What's more, Rightline Gear backs your Sport 1 Car Top Carrier with a sporting 1-year warranty.
Rightline Gear Sport 1 Car Top Carrier Customer Reviews
71 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Fred K (Owings, MD) — Oct 15, 2015 6:36 AM
Ordered this for recent drive from MD to Georgia & back. Seems like tough vinyl and waterproof. Loading is difficult by either filling on ground and then lifting onto car, or loading while on top of car. Also bought the cushion pad & trimmed to size. Pad flapped in the wind above 40 mph unless corners were rolled up. Noisy. When packing away after the trip notice two areas in carrier top that were worn completely through.
Reviewed by Daniel I (Beverly Hills, CA) Reviewed for a 2007 Honda CR-V — Aug 06, 2015 10:30 AM
... I recommend a rewrite of the instructions, as well as a detailed online video of installing on cars without a rack. Took me an additional 2 hours to figure out how to properly attach 1 strap to another, as the grammar of the instructions are quite confusing. Other than that, GREAT PRODUCT!
Reviewed by Scott P (CORDOVA, TN) Reviewed for a 2013 Ford Edge — Jul 15, 2015 2:50 PM
This thing should be packed full, but that's difficult to do without having edges of things pushing against the fabric. Ended up using old pillows and blankets to fill it out. Also ordered the non-slip pad, but even cut smaller than the carrier, it was so noisy in the wind we had to stop and remove it. Overall did the job, but not easily.
Reviewed by Ildiko H (New York, NY) Reviewed for a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee — Jun 07, 2015 4:48 PM
Since we started doing some serious travelling, we have struggled with 3 dogs,luggage and space. After buying other products( tie downs,cargo nets)came across this product. Based on reviews, we purchased it. To the reviewer who said once you figure out the straps, it's easy, you're right on! And for us, it was just easier to pack with the carrier on the roof. Going on our trip. it took a long time to get it together. Coming home, easier. On our next trip, we'll get it down perfect. A winner.