- Put your ride’s roof to work with the ROLA Vortex Cargo Basket
- The perfect spot to stash extra luggage, sports equipment and all the other freight that won’t fit in your cockpit
- Sleek 2-piece steel design that’s easy to assemble
- Protected from the elements by a durable black powder coating
- Aerodynamic wind fairing included for quieter travels
- Measures in at 48” long, 37.5” wide and 4” deep
- For an extra 18.75” of length, upgrade with the optional Extension Piece (sold separately)
- Weighs a mere 38 lbs yet is strong enough to hold up to 130 lbs of gear
- Includes universal mounting hardware for a secure fit on round, square and most factory crossbars
- Your ROLA Vortex Roof Mounted Cargo Basket features a 5-year warranty
When it comes to road trips, getting there is half the fun. But it's hard to have a good time when you're battling for elbow room with duffle bags, coolers camping supplies. If your family truckster is feeling overstuffed, move your gear up to a ROLA Vortex Roof Mounted Cargo Basket. It keeps your cockpit clutter-free and leaves plenty of legroom for your backseat drivers.
Bulky luggage, smelly fishing tackle, muddy sports equipment—no matter what you're packing along, it's sure to fit in the Vortex ROLA Roof Basket. Crafted from steel with an all-weather black powder coating, your ROLA cargo carrier shoulders up to 130 lbs of freight yet weighs a modest 38 lbs. Plus, it comes complete with a custom-sized wind fairing to cut down on noise, improve the aerodynamics and complement its swept-back shape.
No matter what kind of crossbars are riding atop your vehicle, the ROLA Vortex Roof Basket features universal mounting hardware that fits round, square and most factory bars. The 2-piece design is simple to assemble, and you can expand its 48" length a full 18.75" with the optional Extension Piece (sold separately). To top it off, your ROLA Cargo Basket includes a 5-year warranty.
ROLA Vortex Roof Mounted Cargo Basket Customer Reviews
10 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Aaron E (BOISE, ID) Reviewed for a 2015 Subaru Forester — Feb 09, 2015 8:18 AM
The Rola Vortex is a well built roof rack especially for the price. I would say as well built as the leading roof rack brands. However, the mounting system is very poorly designed. In fact, I would say it is so badly designed that the lower price of the Rola Vortex is negated by it. If I had known that the mounting system was so bad, I would have never bought this rack. Save yourself the frustraition and buy one of the leading brands that has better mounting harware and design.
Reviewed by Larry L (LAGUNA BEACH, CA) Reviewed for a 1988 Volkswagen Vanagon — Feb 09, 2015 8:13 AM
The basket looks like it is fairly well built and I like the way the slip joint is protected from water intrusion. The basket I got had a couple of dimples close to the factory bends. This didn't look like a manufacturing problem, but handling problem. This being said, I'm still happy with the purchase.
Reviewed by Craig R (PANAMA CITY, FL) Reviewed for a 2006 Toyota Tacoma — Nov 25, 2014 6:28 AM
After looking at many designs, the ROLA was the best cargo basket for function and affordability. Easy to install, just a few minuets and I was ready to go.
ROLA Vortex Roof Mounted Cargo Basket
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 5/06 - 5/08