- Easy installation guides:
Thule Sidekick Install(PDF)
- Thule Box Mounting Diagram Fit Guide (PDF)
- Handy side-opening design makes loading and unloading of the 682 Sidekick rooftop carrier a breeze
- The Sidekick's 8 cubic ft capacity can handle up to 2 sets of golf clubs
- Measures 54" L x 25" W x 15.5" H
- The Thule 682 Sidekick mounts to aftermarket racks like Thule and Yakima as well as some factory installed roof racks
- Thule One Key locking system keeps valuables safe and secure
- The Thule 682 Sidekick rooftop cargo carrier boasts impact-resistant, weatherproof polyethylene construction
- The Sidekick is easy to assemble
- Proudly built in the USA
- Your Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box is covered by a Lifetime Warranty
Expand your cargo capacity with the Thule 682 Sidekick rooftop cargo carrier. From rocks to rain, the rugged polyethylene shell is ready to take on anything the road dishes out. Thoughtful passenger-side-opening design means easy loading and convenient access to the contents.
Thule's One Key locking system keeps your belongings safe and secure. And, the Thule 682 Sidekick mounts securely to any aftermarket and most factory-installed roof racks with horizontal crossbars.
With 54" L x 25" W x 15.5" H measurements and 8 cubic ft capacity, the Sidekick carries just about anything you'd want to take. Your Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box is built in the USA and backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Our 130+ Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box customer reviews have an average rating of 4.50 out of 5 stars. To see specific reviews about your vehicle, please select your year, make and model from the drop down above.
- The Thule Sidekick is not compatible with the Nissan Xterra roof rack system.
- Only works on vehicles with a minumum crossbar spread of 20.5" and a maximum crossbar spread of 32"
Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box Customer Reviews
148 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by LJ G (New York, NY) Reviewed for a 2003 Toyota Highlander — Sunday at 10:43 AM
I consider myself a handy guy. I've assembled IKEA bunk beds, hung blinds, built stairs, cabinets. The Sidekick looked like a piece of cake. However, the instructions are in need of another go-round. Make the pictures bigger, Thule!! Also, to assemble the top piece to the bottom piece you really do need another person to help line up the hinges with the attaching hardware. That or turn yourself into The Rubber Band Man. Once the Sidekick is put together things get a tad easier.
Reviewed by Barbara C (BURLINGTON, CT) Reviewed for a 2015 Subaru Forester — Jul 31, 2015 7:30 AM
We bought the carrier for our golf clubs and it worked out fine. No road noise on the highway and did not notice any decrease in gas mileage.
Reviewed by Michael H (CHARLOTTE, NC) Reviewed for a 2012 Subaru Outback — May 26, 2015 1:22 PM
This carrier was good for the value, decent amount of space and light weight. I was able to place it on my car myself. The worst thing about this is that you will need two people to put it together. But for the price it is good.
Reviewed by Randall L (Hermann, MO) Reviewed for a 2011 Subaru Outback — May 18, 2015 10:19 AM
I had second thoughts.So I called AutoAnything to ask if it would fit my 2011 Subaru Outback.I was put on hold while the guy called Thule techline,if he did or not I don't know.He got back with me and said it would.I measued before I called and it was a 1/4" too long.He assured me it would fit,it came in and now I have to drill another set of holes.Don't get me wrong the cargo box is perfect,easy assembly and looks good.
Reviewed by Richard Y (murphy, NC) Reviewed for a 2014 Subaru Forester — Mar 25, 2015 4:46 PM
It was easy to assemble and to install on top of the car. It rode well and gave excellent protection of our store items. Definitely recommend this item.
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 9/08 - 9/10