- Easy installation guides:
Thule Sidekick Install(PDF)
- Thule Box Mounting Diagram Fit Guide (PDF)
- Handy side-opening design makes loading and unloading of the 682 Sidekick rooftop carrier a breeze
- The Sidekick's 8 cubic ft capacity can handle up to 2 sets of golf clubs
- Measures 54" L x 25" W x 15.5" H
- The Thule 682 Sidekick mounts to aftermarket racks like Thule and Yakima as well as some factory installed roof racks
- Thule One Key locking system keeps valuables safe and secure
- The Thule 682 Sidekick rooftop cargo carrier boasts impact-resistant, weatherproof polyethylene construction
- The Sidekick is easy to assemble
- Proudly built in the USA
- Your Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box is covered by a Lifetime Warranty
Expand your cargo capacity with the Thule 682 Sidekick rooftop cargo carrier. From rocks to rain, the rugged polyethylene shell is ready to take on anything the road dishes out. Thoughtful passenger-side-opening design means easy loading and convenient access to the contents.
Thule's One Key locking system keeps your belongings safe and secure. And, the Thule 682 Sidekick mounts securely to any aftermarket and most factory-installed roof racks with horizontal crossbars.
With 54" L x 25" W x 15.5" H measurements and 8 cubic ft capacity, the Sidekick carries just about anything you'd want to take. Your Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box is built in the USA and backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Our 130+ Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box customer reviews have an average rating of 4.50 out of 5 stars. To see specific reviews about your vehicle, please select your year, make and model from the drop down above.
- The Thule Sidekick is not compatible with the Nissan Xterra roof rack system.
- Only works on vehicles with a minumum crossbar spread of 20.5" and a maximum crossbar spread of 32"
Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box Customer Reviews
144 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Richard Y (murphy, NC) Reviewed for a 2014 Subaru Forester — Mar 25, 2015 4:46 PM
It was easy to assemble and to install on top of the car. It rode well and gave excellent protection of our store items. Definitely recommend this item.
Reviewed by Miguel G (Dallas, TX) Reviewed for a 2004 Honda Pilot — Jan 05, 2014 8:43 PM
The 682 Sidekick cargo box is great those needing to carry a small to midsize cargo load. I set this up on top of our Honda Pilot and found it to be a well made item, however the interior room was not as big as I expected. I was still able to load up two mid size suitcases, accessories and another small tote bag. I was able to lock the box after re-arranging the items a bit but if you're carrying luggage for more than 3 people, I might recommend stepping up to the next size. Overall, I'm happy!
Reviewed by JAMES B (GREENVILLE, WI) Reviewed for a 2006 Pontiac Vibe — Dec 31, 2012 8:49 AM
Assembled easily, no missing parts, good directions. Have only used it for a few 200 mile road trips and haven't found anything to complain about. Ask me in a few months if it made it through a Wisconsin winter. Attached it to INNO cross bars with faring. Glad I got the faring, had the cargo box and faring off for a special application and noticed quite an annoying, low-pitched whistle. Spring for the faring, you won't regret it! Already lost one of the thumb nuts, need to use lock washers
Reviewed by Sarah J (ROSAMOND, CA) Reviewed for a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee — Dec 23, 2012 9:22 PM
Overall a good product! A little difficult to set up, definitely need another person to help, and the plastic on the lid does seem to be a bit flimsy. But it held up great on my trip from Southern California to Anchorage, AK. No problems with it so far!
Reviewed by Michael S (Westbury, NY) Reviewed for a 2012 Dodge Ram — Dec 19, 2012 5:43 AM
The only mistake I made was not getting the aero blade racks from Thule. I bought the cheaper square ones and the are so noisy I have to take them on and off in between using them.
Thule 682 Sidekick Roof Cargo Box
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 4/27 - 4/29