- Easy installation guides:
Thule Sonic Install(PDF)
- Stow your stuff up top in the aerodynamic Thule Sonic Cargo Box
- Choose several sizes with up to 22 cubic ft of storage space
- Dual-side opening delivers access from both sides of your vehicle
- Patented rear-angled base maximizes trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting system clicks in place so you know it’s secured to your rack
- Oversize SecureLock is super secure and easy to use even with gloves on
- Designed with the patented Aeronose, which cuts wind for less noise and better fuel economy
- Your choice of a gloss black or silver finish
- Works with most factory and aftermarket crossbars
- Your Thule Sonic Cargo Box is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Face it, an overstuffed cabin makes even the swiftest road trip feel as slow as molasses. Even if we had supersonic cars to whiz us coast-to-coast in hours instead of days, we'd still need to stow our super-sized load of stuff. Well, with the Thule Sonic Cargo Box riding up top, your gear stays out of the way and you look like you're traveling at the speed of sound—even if you're cruising the speed limit.
Featuring an Aeronose and an angle-cut back, your Thule Sonic Rooftop Cargo Box slips right through the wind—silent and sleek. What's more, the AcuTight Mounting system installs to most factory or aftermarket racks and makes a distinct “click" once secured. And, thanks to the dual side opening box design, packing and unpacking is a breeze from either side of your ride. Plus, the oversize SecureLock keeps your valuables safe and is easy to use even with gloves.
If you need a lot of room or just a little extra space, the Thule Sonic Roof Cargo Box has you covered. Available in 4 sizes ranging from petite to the gargantuan, there's one for every road trip. And, it's available in your choice of black of silver to accent your topside style. Best yet, Thule builds it from advanced ABS, coats it with a high-gloss automotive finish and backs it with a Lifetime Warranty.
Thule Sonic Cargo Box Customer Reviews
16 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Glen C (HOMESTEAD, FL) Reviewed for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee — Nov 01, 2014 5:50 AM
When calling to get information I was unable to get the dimensions I needed nor did anyone direct me to the Thule website. I finally was able to get the dimensions I needed on the Thule website. Install was pretty straight forward where I was able to do it without help but I would highly recommend having help. My concerns were with clearance of the rear spoiler and the Shark Fin Antenna. After installing my box, I believe I could have used the XXL box instead of the XL.
Reviewed by Michael R (Buford, GA) Reviewed for a 2013 Chrysler Town and Country — Jun 24, 2014 6:50 AM
We took our first trip with the Sonic Cargo Box on our 2013 Chrysler Town and Country. It was easy to install and we traveled over 2000 miles and couldn't even tell it was on our van. Our gas mileage did drop some but not significantly. The only issue we had was that when loaded the front opened up a little and allowed some bugs and rain to get into the box. We drove through some severe thunderstorms and while we did get some water inside it wasn't much. I would strongly recommend this box.
Reviewed by partick j (mayville, WI) Reviewed for a 2003 Dodge Durango — Feb 28, 2014 3:42 PM
it is really nice to have all the room and be able to open from bot sides. the look is great. but...for over $600 you would expect some foam rubber on the bottom and some drain holes. so now i have to drill into a brand new box and glue on some padding so i can't hear the skis and boards clunking around!!!
Reviewed by James A (Harrisonburg, VA) Reviewed for a 2014 Subaru Outback — Jan 26, 2014 2:00 PM
We took delivery of ours recently. It attached to our roof rack very easily and without tools. We love the engineering of the lid--being able to unlock and lift it from either side is wonderful.
Thule Sonic Cargo Box
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 11/26 - 12/02
There are no customer reviews for this product
- rooftop cargo box thule
- inno ridge cargo box
- thule ascent 1600
- yakima rocketbox pro 12 cargo
- subaru cargo box roof
- subaru roof attachments
- mercedes benz rooftop cargo carriers
- roof racks for jeep wrangler
- ski rack for jeep liberty
- acura rdx roof box
- auto bike carriers
- custom fit seat covers
- custom vehicle floor mats