- Easy installation guides:
Thule Sonic Install(PDF)
- Thule Box Mounting Diagram Fit Guide (PDF)
- Stow your stuff up top in the aerodynamic Thule Sonic Cargo Box
- Choose several sizes with up to 22 cubic ft of storage space
- Dual-side opening delivers access from both sides of your vehicle
- Patented rear-angled base maximizes trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting system clicks in place so you know it’s secured to your rack
- Oversize SecureLock is super secure and easy to use even with gloves on
- Designed with the patented Aeronose, which cuts wind for less noise and better fuel economy
- Your choice of a gloss black or silver finish
- Works with most factory and aftermarket crossbars
- Your Thule Sonic Cargo Box is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Face it, an overstuffed cabin makes even the swiftest road trip feel as slow as molasses. Even if we had supersonic cars to whiz us coast-to-coast in hours instead of days, we'd still need to stow our super-sized load of stuff. Well, with the Thule Sonic Cargo Box riding up top, your gear stays out of the way and you look like you're traveling at the speed of sound—even if you're cruising the speed limit.
Featuring an Aeronose and an angle-cut back, your Thule Sonic Rooftop Cargo Box slips right through the wind—silent and sleek. What's more, the AcuTight Mounting system installs to most factory or aftermarket racks and makes a distinct “click" once secured. And, thanks to the dual side opening box design, packing and unpacking is a breeze from either side of your ride. Plus, the oversize SecureLock keeps your valuables safe and is easy to use even with gloves.
If you need a lot of room or just a little extra space, the Thule Sonic Roof Cargo Box has you covered. Available in 4 sizes ranging from petite to the gargantuan, there's one for every road trip. And, it's available in your choice of black of silver to accent your topside style. Best yet, Thule builds it from advanced ABS, coats it with a high-gloss automotive finish and backs it with a Lifetime Warranty.
Thule Sonic Cargo Box Customer Reviews
24 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Stephen L (West Chester, OH) Reviewed for a 2008 Toyota Highlander — Mar 24, 2015 8:38 PM
Ordered the Sonic XL for my 2008 Toyota Highlander with factory rack and crossbars. I had no problem installing the XL size box on the roof and my spoiler from the rear hatch did not hit the box. I moved my front cross bar to the front of the rack and was able to adjust the hooks in the cargo box so the box would sit as far forward as possible. Had about 2 inch clearance with my back hatch door.
Reviewed by David C (CLARKSTON, MI) Reviewed for a 2015 GMC Yukon — Mar 16, 2015 7:10 AM
the Thule Sonic Cargo Box is good looking and very functional. Is lighter than current fiberglass cargo box and should be easier to install and load with the full open side loading for either side. Have not used on a trip yet but should be great.
Reviewed by Barry R (SLIDELL, LA) Reviewed for a 2015 GMC Yukon XL — Feb 24, 2015 12:00 PM
Works great on the 2015 GMC Yukon with stock rails. It will use a little more gas than without. but awesome product, would have been no room without it.
Reviewed by Chad P (Plainview, NY) Reviewed for a 2012 Cadillac Escalade — Feb 23, 2015 12:34 PM
Autoanything was awesome. Great price and got here lightning fast. Great box IF you have the space. I got the XXL and wish I got the L. This box is too big for my wifes SUV. Now I have to sell it as I can't return it and get the smaller one. Bummer.
Reviewed by Travis W (Maine, NY) Reviewed for a 2013 Toyota Sequoia — Jan 31, 2015 7:05 AM
This Box Rocks it out. I'm planning on going to Colorado and do some serious mountain climbing and this will hold my and my six kids gear. Great!
Thule Sonic Cargo Box
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships Between 6/02 - 6/04