Yakima Base Rack System
- Ships Between 12/26 - 12/30
- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Add functionality and sporty looks to your vehicle’s bald roof with a Yakima Base Rack System
- Designed specifically for use on bare roofs – not for use with pre-installed factory side rails, factory crossbars or factory rain gutters
- Includes 4 base towers, 2 crossbars and mounting clips
- Creates the perfect foundation for mounting bike carriers, kayak racks, cargo boxes and other rooftop accessories
- For added carrying capacity, upgrade with the Yakima Stretch Kit (select vehicles only)
- With a no-drill mounting system, your rack won’t ruin your vehicle’s paint job
- Your Yakima Base Rack System comes backed with a Lifetime Warranty
Just because you thought you didn't need roof racks when you bought your car, doesn't mean you can't have them now. With the Yakima Roof Rack Base System, you can add all sorts of accessories to your bald roof. Specially designed just for vehicles with no previously mounted factory side rails, crossbars or rain gutters, this Yakima base rack comes equipped with four base towers, two crossbars and mounting clips.
Yakima car racks allow you to carry everything from bike racks and kayak carriers to luggage boxes and ski racks on your roof. Depending on your vehicle, you can even extend your racks carrying capacity with the Yakima Stretch Kit.
Your Yakima Base Rack System is simple to install, with no drilling required, so you can be on your way in no time. If anything should happen to your Yakima Roof Rack, it's backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Yakima Base Rack System Customer Reviews
20 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Laun H (HOT SPRINGS, MT) Reviewed for a 2009 Toyota Venza — Sep 24, 2014 8:38 PM
Easy to install once you figure out the actual mechanics involved. It looks good and comes on and off easily. To cautions: 1. measurements on the supplied chart were wrong so you might have to play around with adjustments before getting the spacing correct. 2. The quality is excellent but the price is insane.
Reviewed by Vincent L (VADNAIS HEIGHTS, MN) Reviewed for a 2009 Scion tC — Aug 04, 2014 10:19 AM
The Yakima Rack System looks good on my Scion tC. Installation of the rack system was easy and the Q towers system mounted securely on the vehicle. Noticeable wind noises when driving on highway speeds.
Reviewed by Richard C (Hoffman Estates, IL) Reviewed for a 2011 Nissan Juke — Aug 04, 2014 5:44 AM
Just follow directions, allow yourself twice the amount of time that you originally estimate - this allows you to constantly check dimensions as you adjust to fit- and the installation becomes fairly straight-forward. Excellent directions.