- Protect your valuable cargo from the fast hands of parking lot bandits with Pace Edwards' PowerGate Tailgate Lock
- Adds a tough dead bolt to your tailgate that locks and unlocks automatically with your power door locks
- Engage or disengage your PowerGate with the push of a button—your keyless entry remote controls it
- A toggle switch is available for trucks not equipped with power door locks
- The PowerGate works seamlessly with any Pace Edwards tonneau cover or other covers
- The backing plate and slide bolt on your PowerGate are wrought from stainless steel, and the guide block is crafted from sturdy nylon
- Your PowerGate installs in an hour or less and requires no drilling
- Comes with the necessary "plug-and-go" wiring harness to link your PowerGate tailgate lock to your pickup's electrical system
- Built with pride in the USA
- Pace Edwards covers your PowerGate Tailgate Lock with a 3-year warranty
While tonneau covers prevent thieves from peeking into your truck bed, nothing's stopping them from opening your tailgate and swiping your stuff. Without a dead bolt on your tailgate, your valuables are always vulnerable to sticky fingers. Batten down the hatches of your tonneau-equipped truck with Pace Edwards' PowerGate to safeguard your cargo from bandits.
You never have to remember to lock your PowerGate. It automatically activates when you lock and unlock your power doors. Simply hit the button on your keyless remote, and your entire vehicle is locked down tighter than a Sing Sing cell block. If your rig doesn't have the power package, you can still use the PowerGate with the optional toggle switch.
Your PowerGate is built tough using a stainless steel backing plate and slide bolt with a nylon guide block. It mounts nearly invisible inside your tailgate in an hour or less without any drilling. Backed by a 3-year warranty.
- If your vehicle does not have power door locks, you can still use the PowerGate. In place of the power door locks, the manual toggle switch kit gives you control over the locking mechanism.
Pace Edwards PowerGate Tailgate Lock Customer Reviews
90 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by John B (Gilford, NH) Reviewed for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma — Sep 29, 2016 3:44 AM
The instructions are vague and nondescript. If you call for assistance, they are lost too. It has unnecessary parts. If you look up how to install on YouTube, P.E. doesn't have a video. BUT, if you follow other videos, it's fairly easy to install, and you'll ask yourself why every truck doesn't have it. It's awesome!
Reviewed by Joan S (MAPLE SHADE, NJ) Reviewed for a 2010 Ford Ranger — Sep 17, 2016 5:42 AM
The only problem encountered was the Wireing instruction indicated the wrong set of wires, we had to trace outtheproper connections. Other than that I found everything else was great.
Reviewed by Craig H (Moorestown, NJ) Reviewed for a 2006 Dodge Ram — Sep 06, 2016 5:07 AM
Works good, rather simple install. The only issue would be that it uses an aftermarket style actuator which is fine but if it should fail in the locked position, it could be a rather difficult process to get the tailgate unlocked. Otherwise easy to install bracket and the wire harness is nicely designed.
Reviewed by Leroy C (PINEHURST, NC) Reviewed for a 2015 Toyota Tacoma — Aug 02, 2016 5:18 AM
Should have paid attention to reviews. Instructions are worthless. Support knows how to read their instructions. No more. I can only hope that product design and quality are better. Auto anything sent you tube video for easy install. Video was for another manufacturer. Should have bought theirs. No pace Edwards products for me
Reviewed by Clark B (HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA) Reviewed for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma — Sep 30, 2015 2:11 PM
Install instructions for this are not great. No pictures included. The text is not easy to follow step by step instructions. Independent youtube video combined with instructions made it work out though. It could have been much easier with a little effort from manufacturer. Going through firewall was a pain. After install, works really well though. No complaints regarding day to day function.
Ships Between 10/21 - 10/25
- What Do You Drive?