- Protect your valuable cargo from the fast hands of parking lot bandits with Pace Edwards' PowerGate Tailgate Lock
- Adds a tough dead bolt to your tailgate that locks and unlocks automatically with your power door locks
- Engage or disengage your PowerGate with the push of a button—your keyless entry remote controls it
- A toggle switch is available for trucks not equipped with power door locks
- The PowerGate works seamlessly with any Pace Edwards tonneau cover or other covers
- The backing plate and slide bolt on your PowerGate are wrought from stainless steel, and the guide block is crafted from sturdy nylon
- Your PowerGate installs in an hour or less and requires no drilling
- Comes with the necessary "plug-and-go" wiring harness to link your PowerGate tailgate lock to your pickup's electrical system
- Built with pride in the USA
- Pace Edwards covers your PowerGate Tailgate Lock with a 3-year warranty
While tonneau covers prevent thieves from peeking into your truck bed, nothing's stopping them from opening your tailgate and swiping your stuff. Without a dead bolt on your tailgate, your valuables are always vulnerable to sticky fingers. Batten down the hatches of your tonneau-equipped truck with Pace Edwards' PowerGate to safeguard your cargo from bandits.
You never have to remember to lock your PowerGate. It automatically activates when you lock and unlock your power doors. Simply hit the button on your keyless remote, and your entire vehicle is locked down tighter than a Sing Sing cell block. If your rig doesn't have the power package, you can still use the PowerGate with the optional toggle switch.
Your PowerGate is built tough using a stainless steel backing plate and slide bolt with a nylon guide block. It mounts nearly invisible inside your tailgate in an hour or less without any drilling. Backed by a 3-year warranty.
- If your vehicle does not have power door locks, you can still use the PowerGate. In place of the power door locks, the manual toggle switch kit gives you control over the locking mechanism.
Pace Edwards PowerGate Tailgate Lock Customer Reviews
96 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Bob D (San Antonio, TX) Reviewed for a 2005 Ford Ranger — Jan 11, 2018 8:49 PM
Great product. Installation was not difficult. The relays fit nicely in the fuse box located on driver side fender well. Splicing into power lock system was a challenge. The instructions identified the correct wires. I recommend taking the right door panel off, find the 2 wires, follow them into the cab, and make your splice inside the cab. The lock works great with my key fob.
Reviewed by Brian Malecek E (HONOLULU, HI) — Oct 19, 2017 10:39 PM
Seriously, if your thinking about locking your tailgate, why would you want to carry around another key? This electronic lock is the bomb!
Reviewed by Larry K (JACKSONVILLE, FL) Reviewed for a 2006 Dodge Ram — Sep 26, 2017 5:59 AM
Very easy to install, well built/Good quality, works perfectly. I installed this with the Diamondback bed cover to be able to lock up bed. Now I have a 6 ft waterproof, lockable trunk.
Reviewed by larry m (GREAT BEND, KS) Reviewed for a 1994 Ford Ranger — May 31, 2017 2:57 PM
I am in the middle of a complete restoration project of my truck. It will be a while before I can install this power tail gate lock. So all I can say now is i did receive it quickly, box does have some weight to it ( i am looking for a superior product built well ). Will let my opinion be known at a later date once installed.
Reviewed by Milton M (Delancey, NY) Reviewed for a 2012 Chevy Silverado — Apr 13, 2017 6:40 AM
I was a little apprehensive trying to install this item myself but I did and it wasn't as hard as I thought the only issue was the pin on the lock, only because I had to install it on the drivers side of the tailgate and the pin would not stay. It would lock but when I opened it the latch would stay on and it does not come with a opposite side latch so I had to make one. Also while installing the fuse blew , I replaced But besides that it's working like a charm now and I'm thrilled with it !
Ships Between 2/22 - 2/26
- What Do You Drive?