- Protect your valuable cargo from the fast hands of parking lot bandits with Pace Edwards' PowerGate Tailgate Lock
- Adds a tough dead bolt to your tailgate that locks and unlocks automatically with your power door locks
- Engage or disengage your PowerGate with the push of a button—your keyless entry remote controls it
- A toggle switch is available for trucks not equipped with power door locks
- The PowerGate works seamlessly with any Pace Edwards tonneau cover or other covers
- The backing plate and slide bolt on your PowerGate are wrought from stainless steel, and the guide block is crafted from sturdy nylon
- Your PowerGate installs in an hour or less and requires no drilling
- Comes with the necessary "plug-and-go" wiring harness to link your PowerGate tailgate lock to your pickup's electrical system
- Built with pride in the USA
- Pace Edwards covers your PowerGate Tailgate Lock with a 3-year warranty
While tonneau covers prevent thieves from peeking into your truck bed, nothing's stopping them from opening your tailgate and swiping your stuff. Without a dead bolt on your tailgate, your valuables are always vulnerable to sticky fingers. Batten down the hatches of your tonneau-equipped truck with Pace Edwards' PowerGate to safeguard your cargo from bandits.
You never have to remember to lock your PowerGate. It automatically activates when you lock and unlock your power doors. Simply hit the button on your keyless remote, and your entire vehicle is locked down tighter than a Sing Sing cell block. If your rig doesn't have the power package, you can still use the PowerGate with the optional toggle switch.
Your PowerGate is built tough using a stainless steel backing plate and slide bolt with a nylon guide block. It mounts nearly invisible inside your tailgate in an hour or less without any drilling. Backed by a 3-year warranty.
- If your vehicle does not have power door locks, you can still use the PowerGate. In place of the power door locks, the manual toggle switch kit gives you control over the locking mechanism.
Pace Edwards PowerGate Tailgate Lock Customer Reviews
85 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Joseph S (Oxford, CT) Reviewed for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma — Aug 11, 2015 7:24 AM
All the installation was pretty easy . The thing I would change is the wire pickup would be much easier if you went under the driver side sill plate.i. Soldered the connections for a more solid pickup .
Reviewed by William H (Sun City, AZ) Reviewed for a 2012 Dodge Ram — Dec 06, 2014 2:42 AM
Great product just very poor instructions. The location and wire colors for the trigger leads in the instructions are wrong. I ended up at a Pace Edwards dealer to make this product function properly. Cost me money that I should not have had to pay out. The tech support is worthless, they only repeated what was on the instruction sheet.
Reviewed by Brian M (MAGNOLIA, TX) Reviewed for a 2014 Ford F-250 — Aug 06, 2014 8:21 PM
At first inspection the lock appeared to be flimsy - fabricated from sheet metal with only 2 screws for attachment. The mechanical installation was relatively easy. During manual testing of the lock it seems it might flex during strong manipulation of the latch and allow the tailgate to open. The wiring instructions are terrible and after 1 hour of searching I gave up trying to find the correct wires until I have more time to investigate.
- Ships Between 9/03 - 9/09
- What Do You Drive?