- Not sure which truck bed size you have?
Click here to see how to measure your truck bed
- Click Here for Installation Instructions (PDF)
- The Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover is the economical, all-black way to cover your truck bed
- Custom-made for your specific year, make and model truck
- Extang Black Max Tonneau Covers look great, cover your gear and save gas
- Topped by Extang's premium black vinyl tarp with integrated black snap tops
- The Extang Black Max is founded on a sturdy black aluminum frame and spring-loaded bows
- Durable fiberglass snaps are adjustable to the seasons for ideal tarp tension at all times
- The Extang Black Max mounts to your bed rails in 15 minutes or less with simple tools
- Made in the USA
- Your Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover is protected by a 10-year tarp warranty and a Lifetime Warranty on the frame
Hit the road with better gas mileage, weather-resistant storage and great all-black looks when you cover your bed with the Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover. Its tough snaps seal the elements out and give you easy access to all corners of your bed, all at a budget-friendly price.
It all starts with the premium black vinyl tarp that both opens and seals the Extang Black Max closed with ease. Beneath the tarp is a black powder-coated aluminum frame with spring-loaded bows that give you full-bed access in a flash. The durable snaps of the Black Max are even adjustable with the seasons for ideal tension and aerodynamics.
Best yet, you can add the Extang Black Max to your truck bed in 15 minutes or less with Extang's hassle-free, drill-free clamps. Plus, Extang backs your Black Max with a 10-year tarp warranty and a Lifetime Warranty on the frame. Don't wait another minute to put the style, quality and gas savings of the Extang Black Max on your truck.
- Trucks with bed liners: the Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover fits all sprayed-on and under-the-rail bed liners. The Black Max will not fit over-the-rail bed liners without cutting notches into the liner.
- Trucks with bed caps: the Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover fits all factory and most non-factory plastic bed caps. The Black Max will not fit aluminum or stainless steel bed caps.
- Trucks with flipping bed extenders: the Extang Black Max will not fit flipping bed extenders.
Extang BlackMax Tonneau Cover Customer Reviews
1165 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Steven S (FORT WAYNE, IN) Reviewed for a 2006 GMC Sierra — Dec 24, 2015 4:41 AM
I purchased the Extang Blackmax because i have had one years ago, and was happy with it. Extang has improved the cover since then with anodized aluminum, and snaps all around.Extangs customer service is excellant. I would adise anyone inerested in a tonneau cover to buy an Extang. They are MADE IN USA.
Reviewed by john b (Rochester, NY) Reviewed for a 1988 Chevy C/K 1500 — Oct 23, 2015 11:41 AM
this is my second extang tonneau cover,the first was on a ZR-2. this one is now on a 1988 chev.cheyenne short box 4wd. the blackmax offers a more convenient access to the front of the box, a big plus in that regard. the last snap was a pain in the corner as the temp. was lower than the optimum 65 plus needed for ease of installation, a minor glitch that could have been avoided had i not waited so long to install the cover. that aside the cover is exactly what i expected i'd buy another. j.r.b.
Reviewed by victor c (Jacksonville, FL) — Oct 21, 2015 2:56 AM
Price should not be same as larger truck beds since it is a lot shorter than standard size truck bed. Other than that the cover is excellent.
Reviewed by Thomas K (Spring Hill, FL) Reviewed for a 2015 Dodge Ram — Sep 30, 2015 8:23 AM
I have been buying the Black Max covers for years now. Best value for your money. I was a little surprised this year that the cover did not fit as tightly as previous ones, which made the install easier, but flops around a little at high speeds. But over all, very happy with it and really looks super.
Reviewed by Stephen P (Stuart, FL) Reviewed for a 2016 Ford F-350 — Sep 26, 2015 2:50 AM
I have owned at least ten of these Black Max tonneau covers over the years for various trucks. I have never had an issue with durability, install or performance. I love the classic look of the soft cover, and the Extang snap system is functional and strong. I keep them clean and treated with "303 Protectant" and they look new for years.
Ships Between 2/12 - 2/16
- What Do You Drive?