If your truck is like most others on the road, it probably doesn’t come with a way to keep cargo in the bed from “growing legs” and disappearing, never to be seen again. This can be a really big problem for contractors, who depend on having a bed-full of expensive tools within easy reach. Regardless of what you put in your truck’s bed, you should be the one in control of when your stuff comes out of it. In this article, we’ll tell you how to lock down your bed like a bank vault by using a tonneau cover in a few simple steps.
Start with a Burly Cover
- The mere sight of a hard tonneau on your bed can be a theft-deterrent
- Unless the thief has a jackhammer or blowtorch in his pocket, chances are he’ll realize there’s no chance of breaking into your bed, and will give up in seconds
- Many hard covers have highly visible locks, which screams “don’t even think about it, pal”
Lock down your Bed
- When installing your tonneau cover, make sure it sits flush on the bed railsb
- For soft tonneau covers, tighten the top’s tension so sticky fingers can’t probe under it
- If your cover doesn’t feature a locking mechanism, you’ll need a tailgate lock, such as a Pop-N-Lock, to secure it
Check your Truck Before you Walk Away
- Did you fully close the cover?
- Is your tonneau locked?
- Is the cover’s tension set correctly?
Get your Tonneau Cover from AutoAnything
- Our tonneau covers are packed full of features that keep your gear safe
- You’ll get the best price on the toughest tonneaus in town through AutoAnything
- If you live in the continuous USA, we’ll cover the shipping cost of your tonneau cover order