- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships By 8/31
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Automatically applies your trailer’s brakes in the event of accidental separation
- Required by law in most states
- Soft-Trac I system includes a lockable case and it mounts anywhere on the trailer frame
- The Soft-Trac II system features an easy-mounting design with no drilling or cutting
- Available with a battery charger
- Covered by a strong 1-year warranty
You work hard to keep all of your towing trips safe and secure, but when things go awry you need a back-up plan. CURT Breakaway Kits engage your trailer's brakes if it becomes detached from your vehicle, so your towing mishap isn't made worse by a runaway trailer.
The added safety of a Breakaway Kit has prompted many states to require them if your trailer's GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) exceeds 3,000 lbs. Be sure to check local regulations to ensure compliance.
CURT Breakaway Kits come in two styles to fit your needs:
The Soft-Trac I features a lockable battery case that can be mounted anywhere on your trailer frame. It comes complete with the locking case, 12V rechargeable battery, rugged nylon breakaway switch and an optional battery charger.
The CURT Soft-Trac II Breakaway Kit boasts quick one-bolt installation that mounts on your jack post or A-frame coupler with no need to cut or drill. The Soft-Trac II Breakaway kit comes with the battery case and mounting bracket, 12V rechargeable battery, nylon breakaway switch, and an optional battery charger.
CURT Soft-Trac I & II Breakaway Kits are designed to meet or exceed all DOT holding specifications. They're intended for use with single, tandem and tri-axel electric trailer brakes and backed by a 1-year warranty.
- CURT Breakaway Systems are for emergency use only. They are not for locking the trailer’s brakes when it is parked or stored.
CURT Breakaway Kit Customer Reviews
1 Customer Review
Reviewed by Dorothy C (WEAVER, AL) Reviewed for a 2001 Ford F-350 — Feb 28, 2013 8:28 PM
Recieved my CURT Breakaway Kit very quickly after my purchase. It is very easy to install and a very handy size. As I transport RV'S from the Manufractor to Distriburtors throughout the country and some are not equipped with a breakaway kit.