- Convert your SUV or minivan into a cozy cabin with the Napier Backroadz SUV & Minivan Tent
- The Backroadz series is Napier’s line of budget–friendly tents
- For each tent sold, Napier donates a tree through partner Trees for the Future
- Designed to fit most SUVs, CUVs and minivans on the road today
- Spacious tent combines with your cargo area to form a large outdoor hideaway
- Crafted from waterproofed polyethelylene (floors) and polyester taffeta (body) for superior strength and weather resistance
- Fiberglass poles are shock–corded for easy setup and to prevent loss
- Features Napier’s patented, sewn–in polyethylene floor to keep comfort in and moisture out
- Easily converts to a standalone tent by removing the patented, detachable sleeve
- One large entrance and 3 large windows prevent condensation while providing fresh air and easy entry
- Measures 9’ x 9’ and sleeps up to 5 campers
- Includes a seam–sealed rain fly and a convenient expandable carrying bag
- Napier Backroadz SUV & Minivan Tents come with a 1–year warranty
Camping out started as a budget–friendly way to vacation. But with the merging of high–tech and the high Sierras, camping's suddenly gone from outdoor hobby to yuppie lifestyle choice. However, you can still hit the great outdoors without denting your credit rating with the Napier Backroadz SUV & Minivan Tent.
Merging your vehicle with a rip–stop nylon hideaway is the greatest way to camp. The Napier SUV tent gives you ample camping comfort, along with access to your vehicle's entire cargo area. The patented sleeve snugs to your cargo hold to deliver 9' x 9' of room for up to 5 campers. Plus, the tent stays standing while you're off on your daytime adventures.
Complete with one large entrance, three windows and a rain fly, this SUV tent is built to handle all the elements. Napier's patented, sewn–in floor makes for a dry camping experience. And, thanks to the shock–corded fiberglass poles and included storage bag, setup and storage are easy.
Not only does Napier save you some green, they keep you green by donating one tree to Trees for the Future with each SUV tent sale. And best yet, Napier backs your Backroadz SUV & Minivan Tent with a 1–year warranty.
Napier Backroadz SUV & Minivan Tent Customer Reviews
6 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Viviana O (New Haven, CT) Reviewed for a 2003 Chevy Suburban — Jul 31, 2016 4:30 AM
Ordered it because I'm 8 mnths pregnant and have a 1yr old. We went camping to a Music Festival, it held up very nicely in the rain, & worked out absolutely wonderful for us. Husband set it up rather quickly too. Parents slept into the suburban & our baby slept in the play plen in the tent area, it was a perfect fit for us! Loved it & highly recommend it
Reviewed by Lilisa R (BISMARCK, ND) Reviewed for a 2007 Chevy Suburban — Jul 10, 2015 8:17 PM
Overall great tent but it was unfourtane that the screen covers and SUV flaps didn't withstand heavy rains very well. It held up to 60 mph winds very good. We don't plan on camping in extreme weather but it just so happened a storm hit us and the rain got in but at least it didn't blow away!
Reviewed by Javier L (Albuquerque, NM) Reviewed for a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee — Jun 17, 2014 8:58 PM
This tent makes tent camping a much better experience however the tent cannot withstand even the smallest amount of wind. The pole for the rain fly broke with 15 mph winds. Also if you are camping in a sandy spot it is impossible to keep sand out since there is not way to close the windows on the tent. Other than the wind and sand the tent is great. I will have to get aluminum poles to support it better.
Reviewed by Michelle M (Las Vegas, NV) — May 30, 2014 2:49 PM
The tent seemed to be made well when I took it out of the box and it was easy to put up. However, there are some definitely issues. First, the zippers are not designed well and get caught every single time you try and zip it up. That is frustrating, especially if you are headed to the bathroom in the dark. Then the black straps that hold down the poles around the bottom, two of them ripped out during the wind in the night...and it was not terrible wind.
Ships Between 10/04 - 10/06
- What Do You Drive?