Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb Winch
- Rebates & Incentives: $200 Details
- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- Ships By 12/19
Get it for the Holidays!
U.S. shipments only. Excludes AK and HI.
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Muscle your way to solid ground with 8, 500 lbs of pulling power
- Powerful 5.5 HP series-wound motor makes for long life and extreme power
- Reliability and power come through a tough 3-stage planetary gear box with a 172.8:1 gear ratio
- Stay safe with the automatic load-holding drum-brake system
- Choose from the standard wire rope or high-performance synthetic rope
- Wire rope models include a roller fairlead with mounts for off-road lights
- Synthetic rope models include a Hawse fairlead
- Winch body boasts tough stainless hardware to eliminate the threat of rust
- Includes a 12’ heavy-duty all-weather cable remote solenoid box—mounts over roller or motor
- Solenoid box also angles to accommodate most winch bumpers
- Your Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb Winch is backed by a 3-year warranty
Tackle the trails with confidence when you have the Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb Winch riding shotgun. With a potent 5.5 HP series-wound motor cranking 94' of standard or synthetic rope (your choice), Rugged Ridge brings the muscle needed for the toughest recovery operations.
Rugged Ridge's tough 3-stage planetary gear box turns a super-torquey 172.8:1 gear ratio, so you know this winch is ready to crank. The automatic load-holding drum-brake system keeps your extractions safe and under control. And, your winch is crafted of all-stainless hardware to defy the elements and deliver years of service.
The heavy-duty, all-weather solenoid box comes complete with a 12' cable remote, and you can mount it over the winch roller or the winch motor. This way your winch can be mounted to most winch bumpers. Rugged Ridge lets you choose between standard rope with a roller fairlead or synthetic rope with a Hawse fairlead. Best yet, Rugged Ridge backs your 8,500 lb winch with a 3-year warranty.
Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb Winch Customer Reviews
10 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Alexander L (Lubbock, TX) Reviewed for a 2008 Jeep Wrangler — Jan 17, 2013 9:11 PM
Pros; Good quality Good price for the size Looks good. Cons; Instructions suck! 1. Has you install winch first then wire it up. Problem is you have to hook up wires to back of winch (hard but possible) then wire to bottom of winch (impossible after installation). Also cable to battery is about 3" to short! 2. After I hooked it all up, plugged in controller and would not work! Had to go online and look up people with similar problems; turns out remote in finicky and you must push and twist.
Reviewed by Lucinda R (Knoxville, TN) Reviewed for a 1997 Jeep Wrangler — Dec 15, 2010 3:22 AM
First winch I have owned. Install was easy, fit and finish is excellent. Waiting to use it. Warn whinches are supposed.to be better but at a much higher cost. We are just weekend warriors so this is more than enough power for us. Very happy with our Rugged Ridge winch. People we talked with on the trails with the same winch loved them.
- rugged ridge winch
- superwinch lp8500 reviews
- warn vr8000
- xrc8 winch by smittybilt
- winch mount plate ford
- winch mounts for chevy
- 18000 lbs rated warn winch
- 1999 dodge ram 2500 winch mount
- 1999 suburban winch bumper
- jeep cherokee hi lift jack
- mats for auto
- roof storage for a suv
- things to know about truck tonneau covers