- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Muscle your way to solid ground with 8, 500 lbs of pulling power
- Powerful 5.5 HP series-wound motor makes for long life and extreme power
- Reliability and power come through a tough 3-stage planetary gear box with a 172.8:1 gear ratio
- Stay safe with the automatic load-holding drum-brake system
- Choose from the standard wire rope or high-performance synthetic rope
- Wire rope models include a roller fairlead with mounts for off-road lights
- Synthetic rope models include a Hawse fairlead
- Winch body boasts tough stainless hardware to eliminate the threat of rust
- Includes a 12’ heavy-duty all-weather cable remote solenoid box—mounts over roller or motor
- Solenoid box also angles to accommodate most winch bumpers
- Your Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb Winch is backed by a 3-year warranty
Tackle the trails with confidence when you have the Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb Winch riding shotgun. With a potent 5.5 HP series-wound motor cranking 94' of standard or synthetic rope (your choice), Rugged Ridge brings the muscle needed for the toughest recovery operations.
Rugged Ridge's tough 3-stage planetary gear box turns a super-torquey 172.8:1 gear ratio, so you know this winch is ready to crank. The automatic load-holding drum-brake system keeps your extractions safe and under control. And, your winch is crafted of all-stainless hardware to defy the elements and deliver years of service.
The heavy-duty, all-weather solenoid box comes complete with a 12' cable remote, and you can mount it over the winch roller or the winch motor. This way your winch can be mounted to most winch bumpers. Rugged Ridge lets you choose between standard rope with a roller fairlead or synthetic rope with a Hawse fairlead. Best yet, Rugged Ridge backs your 8,500 lb winch with a 3-year warranty.
Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb Winch Customer Reviews
14 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Scott B (Hemet, CA) Reviewed for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler — Aug 14, 2015 7:45 AM
I bought two of these to install on two different Jeep Wranglers. I also have a Warn M-8000 that I installed on my third Wrangler. The Warn winch is considerably higher quality than the Rugged Ridge, but was twice the price. Finish on both Rugged Ridge winches had damage to the affixed stickers which depleted from the overall appearance. The remote control plug in is flimsy and will most likely not stand up to much use. The control box mounting bracket is cheap and flimsy.
Reviewed by Darius Y (Grayson, GA) Reviewed for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler — Mar 20, 2015 6:56 AM
Installation instructions suck but easy to figure out. Winch is great product at great price !