No matter if your ride still holds that new car smell or is more of a well-loved daily driver, if you care about it, you want to keep it looking its best. Even if your spare time is limited, there’s plenty you can do to revitalize your ride.
From installing bug or window deflectors and trailer hitches to roof racks and car bras, there are a plethora of exterior installations you can use to up both your ride’s wow factor and functionality (and maybe even resale value). Ready to make your ride look as good as it runs? Here are three easy exterior installations you can do right now.
Nothing can make your ride look like more of a sore thumb than a windshield full of smashed bugs or a paint job full of rock gouges. Specially designed to prevent bugs from smashing into your windshield or hood, these heavy-duty deflectors also protect against rocks, gravel and other road debris from damaging your hood, fenders or even chipping your windshield. Easily mounted to the edge of your hood, bug deflectors are manufactured from heavy-duty materials to withstand the harshest weather conditions and provide the strength and durability you need. Choose from bug deflectors from some of the highest regarded names in the industry such as AVS, EGR, Lund and more.
- Specially designed and custom shaped for a perfect fit on your make and model
- Engineered to be aerodynamic and sweep away damaging bugs and road debris
- Off-the-hood style makes for easy washing and waxing around the deflector
While bug deflectors are for protection, window deflectors are designed to make your driving experience as comfortable as can be. These easy-to-install accessories vastly reduce the deafening roar of wind and turbulence while also shielding your interior from rain when the windows are rolled down. Available in external mount or in-channel varieties, and several finishes, all window deflectors positively update the aerodynamics of your ride. And, you always ride with fresh air – rain or shine.
- Custom crafted for your specific year, make and model
- Effective at letting fresh air in and keeping moisture and rain out
- Helps eliminate or reduce mirror fogging, wind noise and keeps the sun out of your eyes
- Protects and shields your interior from rain and harsh, adverse weather
Designed more for functionality than preserving the style and comfort of your ride, a receiver trailer hitch transforms your car, truck or SUV into a bona fide big rig. Perfect for taking the jet skis to the beach, horses to the ranch, ATVs to your favorite off-road trail and more, these are the ideal components to help you enjoy a safe and easy towing experience. Available in a range of towing capacities to suit your own individual application, it’s easy to find a strong and durable trailer hitch that suits your needs.
- Custom designed to fit your specific year, make and model
- Choose from hitches in multiple weight classes and receiver sizes (depending on your vehicle)
- Typical install time is about 30-60 minutes (varies by vehicle)
- Note that trailer hitch weight ratings vary and are limited to the vehicle manufacturer’s stated capacities
Now that you have an idea of how easy and useful exterior installations can actually be, then pencil one in for next weekend!