Getting everyone together for a weekend trip can be stressful – equally as stressful: packing. Everyone’s favorite thing to put off until the last minute, you can bet that none of your wonderful family or friends are going to go out of their way to offer a helping hand. That’s why we came up with a list of tips that will hopefully make packing for your next camping adventure a lot easier. Make this your personal checklist or simply follow along as we unveil our Five Tips to Successful Car Camping.
With the long hours on the road and the guest list getting bigger with each passing hour, the best thing to avoid is overloading your truck or SUV. If you find your vehicle is full of items that might bump on every window, try keeping your cargo steady and stable with these cargo management helpers.
- Gladiator SafetyWeb Cargo Net: Intended for heavy-duty loads on truck beds.
- Gladiator Cargo Net: Looking for a more rugged load helper – this one’s for you.
- Smittybilt Cargo Net: Perfect to keep your load from bouncing out of your Jeep. Choose between a C.RES2 HD or C.RES Cargo Net.
- Gladiator Rubicon Interior Cargo Net: Get this if you need to keep your load sturdy inside or on the back of your SUV.
A wonderful trail and adventure awaits – it would be a shame not to bring your bike and enjoy a ride or two – so discover new paths. If you’re afraid an already overloaded vehicle won’t be able to take on your bikes, check out these bike mounts that are perfect for clear rear visibility and accessibility.
- Yakima FrontLoader Bike Rack: Compatible with accessories and roof rack add-ons.
- Softride Access Element Bike Rack: Perfect for keeping your SUV’s rear door clear.
- Seasucker Mini Bomber Bike Rack: Don’t have a roof rack – this one’s for you.
- RockyMounts Tandem Mount R4 Roof Bike Rack: If tandem riding is more your style, this bike rack can transport your two-wheeler safely.
- Rhino-Rack Roof Mount Hybrid Bike Rack: Carries up to 2 bikes without obstructing your hitch receiver.
- RockyMounts MonoRail Hitch Mount Bike Rack: Swings out to keep your rear visible.
- CURT Towable Hitch Mount Bike Rack: If you’re taking your boat on the camping trip, this rack also lets you tow and carry up to 4 bikes.
Although tuna and crackers is a tasty snack, canned foods will eventually bore you. Don’t let the lack of creative snacks ruin your camping fun, stack up an all-you-can-eat platter with these must-have camping accessories and enjoy a gourmet meal surrounded by nature.
- ARB Fridge: Plugs into your vehicle to keep meals or drinks within reach.
- Smittybilt Artic Fridge and Freezer: This fridge can also become a freezer letting you keep your food or catch of the day as cold as -22°F.
- ARB All-Weather Fridge Freezer: A heavy-duty fridge that lets you separate food from drinks.
- ARB Fridge Remote Monitor: If you’re one who often wonders if your stove’s on once you’ve left the house, this handy remote will help you keep a close eye on your fridge’s temperature and notify you if your fridge is actually off.
If you’re a camping pro, you know choosing a tent is no random game of eenie, meenie, miney, mo. Whether this is your first time shopping for a castle in the wilderness or you’re revamping your camping game, read on for our top truck tent picks so you can camp out without compromising on comfort or security.
- Smittybilt Overlander Rooftop Tent: Keep creatures away and get as comfortable as you are at home. This tent sleeps 2-3 people – or sleep up to 4 by choosing the XL version. Goes great with a ladder and a Rhino Rack Foxwing Awning.
- Napier Sportz Truck Tent 57 Series: Enjoy a comfortable sleeping experience while elevated off the ground in your truck.
- Rhino-Rack Tagalong Tent: This 5-sleeper extends next to your truck or SUV and gives you ample room to enjoy a book or a meal under the shade.
Few things are worse than spending the night away from home without your creature comforts. Make sure your bed is well-equipped to meet your comfort level with the simple addition of an AirBedz Truck Bed Air Mattresses. You can choose from three different styles depending on your size preference or truck measurements – if you’re traveling in one. Or, simply add a pair of AirBedz Wheel Well Inserts and make it a full-size mattress for a cozy night under your tent.
- AirBedz Lite Truck Bed Air Mattress: Comfortable to sleep in and light to carry. We don’t recommend this one if you’re an every weekend kind of camper, but once in a while it does just fine.
- AirBedz Pro3 Truck Bed Air Mattress: Offers the same comfortable feel that’s true for all AirBedz products, but makes storage easier with an included tote.
- AirBedz Original Truck Bed Air Mattress: The Original AirBedz, also known as the most comfortable camping bed you’ll ever own.
We’ve covered a lot of camping info, but if you’ve read this far you’re on your way to a successful getaway. Cross these off your list and get going – just don’t forget the bug spray!