- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Your Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector is custom-designed for a perfect fit onto your specific year, make and model
- Gives you complete coverage of your tailgate—from the top edge all the way down to its base
- The Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector's full coverage stops shifting cargo from destroying your vulnerable cargo bay door
- Wrought from thick, durable slabs of heavy-gauge aluminum, and finished with an eye-catching diamond-tread
- Your Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector is available in multiple finishes
- For the ultimate protection, pair your Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector with a set of Brite-Tread Side Bed Caps and the Brite-Tread Full Front Box Protector
- Utilizes a sturdy 3M adhesive and a bolt-down mount for shift-free fit with only minimal drilling
- Your Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector is covered by a limited lifetime warranty
Your tailgate has to put up with a lot of abuse-freight dragging across it, timber crashing down on it and, finally, being slammed shut against overfull loads. Give your cargo bay door complete protection against dents, grazes and nicks with Dee Zee's Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector.
The Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector is fully custom-designed for a precise fit onto your truck. Your entire tailgate is protected-from the top edge down to the base. That way, you're always covered when your cargo decides to start sliding around.
Wrought from heavy-duty aluminum, your Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector can withstand even the most punishing conditions. Plus, the diamond-tread finish adds a tough edge to your truck's presence.
Available in multiple finishes and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- For the most secure mount possible, some light drilling is required to install your Brite-Tread Full Tailgate Protector.
Dee Zee Full Tailgate Protector Customer Reviews
92 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Sean M (ALTADENA, CA) Reviewed for a 2004 Ford F-250 — Dec 12, 2017 7:32 AM
I received my tailgate protector on time in great condition . It fit perfectly my F 250 tailgate and installed easily. I did not have the factory cap, so the hole on the gate did not line up with the holes on the gate protector. I simply drilled new holes and used the enclosed screws. The two sided tape clung well to my damaged gate and the piece has molded well to my 14 year old tailgate. It looks fantastic , makes the gate more solid and is very funtiona. Great piece.
Reviewed by Mark Y (MULDOON, TX) Reviewed for a 2014 Ford F-250 — Apr 01, 2017 6:34 AM
The picture on your website shows the tailgate protector curving over the outside back of the tailgate...but is doesn't, it is flat exposing the mounting holes from the previous factory installed protector.
Reviewed by Tim D (SANTA ROSA, CA) Reviewed for a 2017 Dodge Ram — Feb 18, 2017 5:31 PM
It is a nice addition to the truck. The gauge of the metal could be a little thicker. There has been an issue with what this fits. Honestly I think it will fit the regular or rambox. I have a 2017 with the rambox and the fit was good. The lower mounting holes barely fit and the suggestion to use only 3 screws on top is iffy. I used 7 for a nice fit.
Reviewed by Michael L (LIHUE, HI) Reviewed for a 2008 Dodge Ram — May 19, 2016 6:30 PM
My 08 ram 1500 4x4 hemi sport model had the rear spoiler on the tail gate. After I removed it and put on the Dee Zee, the lip didn't extend far enough to cover the 4 screw holes. So....I screwed in the Dee Zee, which fit fine. And then I put the spoiler on top of the Dee Zee, and screwed it back on, using the existing holes. Looks pretty good! That Dee Zee is solid enough to take a beating.
Reviewed by tom h (DOYLESTOWN, OH) Reviewed for a 2000 Ford F-250 — Jan 28, 2016 4:15 PM
very thin material. had this on my tailgate for less than two weeks and itd already showing signs of wear! I had the plastic bedliner tailgate protector on for 15yrs and still looks new.Will probably put plastic one back on. wasted $120.00 for cheap alumn.