- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
There are no customer reviews for this product
- Tow safer with the ultra-smart Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Control
- Its brilliant onboard sensors read your rate of slowing and apply the same amount of braking strength to your trailer
- Completely self-leveling—needs no calibration
- Helps you stop faster, improves ride quality and boosts safety
- Increase or decrease the overall braking aggression with the "Boost" feature
- Your Primus IQ Brake Controller works with electric brake systems on trailers with up to 3 axles
- Accepts 2-plug adapters
- Clips in and out from your dash easily for safe storage when you're not towing
- Works proportionally in reverse for backing into difficult spots
- Digital LED display depicts secure electrical connection, amount of voltage delivery to the trailer brakes & diagnostic features
- Comes with mounting hardware, a universal wiring harness and installation instructions
- Self diagnostics feature illuminates an LED readout when issues are detected
- Utilizes Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adaptors
- Your Tekonsha Primus IQ Electronic Brake Controller is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Whether you're tugging your boat down to the lake or pulling a trailer of tools to the jobsite, you need to stay in control of your load. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the best way to keep your trailer in check is when your trailer brakes match the braking force of your rig's brakes. Cut your stopping distances and crank up your towing safety with the advanced Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Control.
Brains and brawn come standard with your Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller. Less intelligent proportional brake controllers have to be taught how to react to your trailer through a process called leveling. But, the Primus IQ is smarter than that. It's completely self-leveling, so it works perfectly without the learning curve—no calibration needed. Of course, if you're hauling an especially heavy or light load, you can unleash the "Boost" feature for more or less braking aggression.
Mounting your Primus IQ Brake Controller is a breeze. It comes complete with a snap-in mounting clip for your dashboard and a quick-release connector, so you can store it safely at home when you're not on the road. Better still, Tekonsha covers your Primus IQ Brake Control with a Lifetime Warranty.
Tekonsha Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control Customer Reviews
12 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by lloyd r (MOLINE, IL) — Mar 18, 2015 8:22 AM
Reviewed by Brent M (Dunmore, WV) Reviewed for a 2001 Chevy Silverado — Dec 27, 2014 2:13 PM
Brake control works really good, with the different settings that you can use with different trailer weights. Like it way better than the cheaper model that I had and you don;t have to level this one. This is the one to buy, and wish I had known before I purchased the other one.